March 29, 2024, 12:10:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Backlight bug or issue hardware.  (Read 1742 times)

fat.funk

Backlight bug or issue hardware.
« on: June 20, 2021, 06:03:48 am »
Hi to all!

The question is: I was presented with an Arturia MINILAB MK2, and everything seems to be in order with the controller (but not quite). It fully works (keys, pads, pitch correction, modulator, encoders are all ok, buttons switch octaves and pad banks), with the exception of pad lighting and buttons for switching PADs and octaves. When connected to a clean Windows 10 OS (never used midi), the keyboard does not show any LED animations (I looked at how the keyboard behaves with other users when it first connected to YouTube), it just lights up a random color on random PADs. (My video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTsXahZyKK4)

Installing MIDI Control Center and drivers from the installer does not change the situation. At the first connection, the system itself found a driver for the device and installed a driver from Microsoft. Device type in Device Manager: sound, game and audio devices. That is, the system does not understand that this is a MIDI controller.

I tried to install drivers on several different computers, and everywhere the picture is the same.

Reinstalling the driver does not solve the problem, since the driver is installed with a system driver signed by Microsoft. (And I must have understood Arturia that way). Removing the device in the OS and reconnecting it again defines it as a non-MIDI controller. But at the same time, all functions work again, with the exception of the backlight.

Tell me, does the driver affect the backlight control at all? Since in the MCC I change the color and backlight parameters and nothing changes on the controller.

And what if this is a hardware problem?
Ps: In the files with the drivers that are supplied with the MCC there is no MINILAB MK2 device at all. (But there are: MicroFreak, Polybrute and KeyStepPro ...)

I wrote in support of Arturia, but they didn’t tell me anything except how to remove the device in the OS and reconnect it.

I am writing here in the hope that there are caring people who are ready to help.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. But I want the device to work as the manufacturer intended ...

P.s.s: I apologize in advance for the English, I am writing via google translate. I'm from Russia.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 06:09:38 am by fat.funk »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines