April 19, 2024, 01:48:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Is this section of the Arturia forum nothing but spam?  (Read 1266 times)

DrRhythm2030

• Apprentice
Is this section of the Arturia forum nothing but spam?
« on: June 14, 2021, 06:57:02 pm »
This section is supposed to be dedicated to discussing the Arturia site. But, looking at the subjects of many of the posts, it looks like a tonne of spam. As I am simply a user, I don't have a solution to this problem, but I think Arturia should be aware of it.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Is this section of the Arturia forum nothing but spam?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 09:07:46 pm »
Hey guys
i will try and clean it up a bit
please report all spam to the mod

regards

TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 06:37:35 pm »
I do a bit of moderating for arturia but I have a full time job so I try to visit as much as possible and delete what I can   but as you know pithing a few days it can be overrun with bots and spam. 
I removed around 50 posts the other day one by one.
if you report it myself and the other mods will see it otherwise we have to go through all threads and could be missed.

regards

TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

DrRhythm2030

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 06:51:46 pm »
I think that Arturia should seriously consider implementing Google reCaptcha to the forum. I am suggesting this as reCaptcha can work in the background (it does not have to present users with a bunch of fire hydrant photos to identify before someone can post). As reCaptcha runs in the background of the Arturia forum, it can automatically block known bad actors from accessing the site. I think this would greatly eliminate the manual spam monitoring that moderators currently have to do, and allow them to focus on more fulfilling activities like discussing Arturia products with legitimate users.

From the Google reCaptcha homepage:

"reCAPTCHA uses an advanced risk analysis engine and adaptive challenges to keep malicious software from engaging in abusive activities on your website. Meanwhile, legitimate users will be able to login, make purchases, view pages, or create accounts and fake users will be blocked."

Hope these thoughts might be of assistance.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines