March 28, 2024, 02:05:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Complete newbie here  (Read 1294 times)

ShADow_FoX

Complete newbie here
« on: June 12, 2021, 02:26:34 pm »
Hi this is my first post here :) I'm new to midi controllers, DAW's, instrument software and yeah even just computers in a way. I want to get the Arturia KeyLab MkII 49 and I see it comes with Analog Lab software, Piano V and Ableton Live Lite. I'm a bit scared that my old acer pc won't be able to run these. I have 64 bit Windows 10 home installed, it has Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU       T4500  @ 2.30GHz, 2300 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s) and 4 GB RAM. I've done alot of research to try to get up on speed but I'm still not sure of everything and what's what. Any help and advice would be soooo greatly appreciated =D

LBH

Re: Complete newbie here
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 03:53:24 pm »
Hi,

A CPU like your Pentium is'nt good enough for music production. Music production is a demanding task for a CPU.
You can read the minimum requirements for products on product pages. If you need to create projects with multiple applications, then it's best to have a even better CPU. It's very hard to tell, if you need more.

A way to start learning a little about this is here:
https://support.image-line.com/action/knowledgebase?ans=214
It's not to recommend FL Studio i post this , but it's a good article to get some useful informations. Especially with the links included in the article.

ShADow_FoX

Re: Complete newbie here
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 03:15:58 pm »
Ok thank you so much! I will look at this article  :D Yeah that's what I suspected, I'm gonna need a better computer. I just try not to spent on something these days unless I really need to but it looks like I really need to thanks :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines