March 28, 2024, 09:26:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Broken VCO  (Read 1921 times)

Mr.Kus

• Apprentice
Broken VCO
« on: June 06, 2021, 09:58:43 pm »
VCO1 of the fifth voice on my PolyBrute is running on a very low constant frequency only, lower than the other oscillators can be setup to run. None of the controls seems to have any effect on it's frequency, pressed key, pitch knob, pitch bend, or midi note. I've ran calibration routines multiple times, reinstalled the firmware, and reset settings and tuning calibration to factory state. I bought the PolyBrute about two months ago and this problem occured just today. Has anyone else had similar problems?

Mr.Kus

• Apprentice
Re: Broken VCO
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 07:02:03 am »
I got my first reply from Arturia support suggesting to do the factory reset and updating the firmware, which I had already tried after opening the support case.

Today I switched the PolyBrute on and it asked me to recalibrate, I canceled the calibration and tried the default preset. To my surprise all of the voices seemed to be working properly all though a bit out of tune. I ran the calibration routine, and all the voices were still working and in tune. After that I opened my computer to witch the PolyBrute is connected to and the problem returned. I took off the usb cable and restarted the PolyBrute, but the problem persists. I don't know if the computer connection has anything to do with the problem or if the problem occurs after the PolyBrute is warmed up a little.

Mr.Kus

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 07:06:02 pm »
Didn't find a solution with Arturia support and they recommended to contact the reseller.

Mr.Kus

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 10:46:17 am »
I sent my PolyBrute to Thomann for warranty repair almost two months ago. Thomann sent it to their repair partner. Repair partner had it for almost four weeks, couldn't fix it, and sent it to Arturia. Two weeks ago Thomann customer service told me it will take just a few more days when I asked what's the situation.
Yesterday I called Thomann and the person I talked with agreed that the repair have taken unacceptably long and told me that at this point they usually offer other options to customers. She still wanted to ask the repair partner what's going on and we agreed that I'll call today to discuss the other options, if they haven't returned to me.
Today my phone call was directed to someone else who basically told me Thomann won't take any responsibility, the repair partner haven't answered, and they will only send me a new unit or refund my payment based on the repair partner's decision.
I don't know how the customer laws are in Germany, but in Finland seller can not pass the responsibility to some repair partner, if the seller can not get the item fixed in acceptable time (which usually means two weeks) they are obligated to offer a new item or refund the customer.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2021, 12:09:38 pm »
Same in the UK, and in the US, I believe. Your 'contract' as a buyer is with the retailer. The retailer cannot legally offload their obligation, for precisely this reason: everyone would be passing the buck up the chain to someone else. I'd be surprised if this was different in any western / first world country.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Mr.Kus

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2021, 12:24:50 am »
They couldn't fix it and will return my payment. I kinda miss it, but after this experience I probably won't get another.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines