March 29, 2024, 02:42:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI cc control from a sequencer.  (Read 1214 times)

SleepIsWrong

• Apprentice
MIDI cc control from a sequencer.
« on: June 06, 2021, 04:09:01 am »
I've seen a few articles that almost answer my question - which is more directed to all of the V-Collection instruments than just specifically Jun-06, but I'll use that to illustrate my question.  I have a sequencer which has tracks to allow output of MIDI cc messages.  I'd like to be able to control, say, VCF cutoff frequency.  No problem - I can use the pop-up table to the right under MIDI in the "gear" icon panel to determine what MIDI cc number that is and have my sequencer track set to send messages for that CC (which is #74).  But suppose I want to control something that isn't offered in the list - say "Arpeggiator ON/OFF".  I can either click on the button on the interface - which adds a line to the list of automatable parameters - or select "Add Control" and select "Arpeggiator ON/OFF" from the list - which does the same thing.  But I want to send messages to that using MIDI cc #100, say.  How do I tell the program I want to use CC #100 to turn the arpeggiator ON/OFF?  The only way I've found to do this is to edit the "plugin.perfmidi.xml file.

Mike

LBH

Re: MIDI cc control from a sequencer.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 04:04:13 pm »
But suppose I want to control something that isn't offered in the list - say "Arpeggiator ON/OFF".  I can either click on the button on the interface - which adds a line to the list of automatable parameters - or select "Add Control" and select "Arpeggiator ON/OFF" from the list - which does the same thing.  But I want to send messages to that using MIDI cc #100, say.  How do I tell the program I want to use CC #100 to turn the arpeggiator ON/OFF?
Hi,

I must understand, that you use a hardware sequencer,

When you have the parameter selected  in the procedure you describe, then move a hardware control that have the midi CC you wish to assign to the parameter. Then that midi CC will be assigned to the selected parameter.

(It's unfortunately not possible to write the midi CC number in the MIDI window, if that's what you are looking for.)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 04:08:19 pm by LBH »

SleepIsWrong

• Apprentice
Re: MIDI cc control from a sequencer.
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 08:38:17 am »
Thanks LBH - that's what I figured was the case.  Like I mentioned, the workaround is to edit the .xml file, create a new version, then upload it in the plugin.

Cheers!
Mike

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines