June 14, 2021, 08:30:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to bounce a Vocoder track to an audio track in Logic Pro  (Read 101 times)

vibes71

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hello everybody,

I've been trying to bounce a Vocoder track to an audiotrack in Logic Pro but without success.

The Vocoder is loaded as an instrument in an instrument track. In the upper right corner of the vocoder window under side chain a audio track or other instrument track is picked. Voice is selected instead of sample in the vocoder. A midi track is running on the Vocoder track.

I can hear the vocoder effect and it shows on the output meter that the effect is working (and the Vocoder plugin is sounding fantastic by the way).
But I can not bounce the sound of the vocoder to a seperate audio track with "Bounce in place" or via File - Bounce - Track in place...

What am I doing wrong ? I must be overlooking or missing something obvious....
Latest version of all software....

Thanks for any advice :^)

Cheers,
Jürgen

LBH

Re: How to bounce a Vocoder track to an audio track in Logic Pro
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 09:35:44 pm »
Hi,

I don't use logic. But with the term "in place" it sound like you convert just the Vocoder track to audio or freeze the track. You bounce only one track. You apparantly does'nt get the audiotrack input bounced the way you try to do it.
You need to bounce in a way, where you bounce or record the combined result of the audio and the vocoder track. I suggest you ask in a Logic forum how to do this, if you don't know how to do this, unless someone happens to know about it here.

vibes71

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 07:26:25 am »
Hi,

What DAW do you use if I may ask ? And do you bounce vocoder tracks to audio with it ?

Maybe someone who does use Logic Pro has a more constructive answer to my question ?

Cheers
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 07:29:10 am by vibes71 »

vibes71

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 12:37:41 pm »
Hello everybody,

I've been trying to bounce a Vocoder track to an audiotrack in Logic Pro but without success.

The Vocoder is loaded as an instrument in an instrument track. In the upper right corner of the vocoder window under side chain a audio track or other instrument track is picked. Voice is selected instead of sample in the vocoder. A midi track is running on the Vocoder track.

I can hear the vocoder effect and it shows on the output meter that the effect is working (and the Vocoder plugin is sounding fantastic by the way).
But I can not bounce the sound of the vocoder to a seperate audio track with "Bounce in place" or via File - Bounce - Track in place...

What am I doing wrong ? I must be overlooking or missing something obvious....
Latest version of all software....

Thanks for any advice :^)

Cheers,
Jürgen

When I create a summing track stack of the vocoder instrument track and the audiotrack that is sidechained into the vocoder, then mute the audio track and bounce the summing track stack in place, an audiotrack with the vocoder effect gets created.
Problem solved ! Thanx everyone !  ::)

Cheers,
Jürgen

LBH

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2021, 03:30:38 pm »
You need to bounce in a way, where you bounce or record the combined result of the audio and the vocoder track.
So this was not only constructive but also the solution afterall.

Thanks for reporting back.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines