April 18, 2024, 11:13:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Audiofuse Studio and external processing units  (Read 6025 times)

BabaYaga

Audiofuse Studio and external processing units
« on: May 30, 2021, 10:56:23 am »
Hi guys!

I'm totally in love with my Audiofuse Studio, but there's something I'm struggling to understand:

Is there a way to connect an external unit to make a send/return stereo connection (any processor like reverbs, delays, etc etc) and route stuff from my daw to that?
I'm using Studio One 5 and Ableton Live 9.7.7

I read something about it but I haven't understood how to do it, any suggestion?

piercer

• Apprentice
Re: Audiofuse Studio and external processing units
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 07:25:47 am »
I too would like to understand how to do a stereo compressed mix-down using an external compressor with the Audiofuse Studio.

BabaYaga - what did you read that you didn't understand? Maybe I can take a look.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 07:34:48 am by piercer »

montanasan

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 11:25:41 am »
Just joining in to see if anyone has any info...
I too would like to know if it's possible to use external processing for mixing etc. eg. I'd like to run recorded vocal from Logic and use external compressors. Is this possible using the inserts on CH 1-4?
Thanks in advance, Joe.

piercer

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2021, 09:20:46 am »
I now have a studio running firmware 1.0.7. With that firmware the aux channels can be set up as direct DAW outputs. This allows signals to be sent out from the DAW through external fx and back into one the line inputs.

This seems to work well, but I have to pad the line inputs -20db otherwise it get completely overblown. At the moment I have no idea why this is happening.

I am having difficulty discovering if the AUX out are balanced.

It does work though.

montanasan

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2021, 10:04:09 pm »
Thanks for this.
I also managed to get this working and also had to PAD the input.

BabaYaga

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2021, 03:53:51 pm »
Hi guys!
managed to solve this, using the aux out

1. Open the audifuse control software, select "daw" in the aux source (under analog out)
2. select out 7-8 on the send in the daw
3. get the signal back in the audiofuse from a free input

might need to pad the ins or to lower the volume of the send somewhere else tho, because as you guys said the signal gets in pretty strong

Waylon

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2021, 04:29:09 pm »
Hi! I’ve been able to use external units while recording, but not having luck processing already recorded/pre-existing audio. I use logic and attempted to use the I/O plugin but to no avail. Any suggestions?

MoBeats

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2021, 05:56:00 pm »
Hi! I’ve been able to use external units while recording, but not having luck processing already recorded/pre-existing audio. I use logic and attempted to use the I/O plugin but to no avail. Any suggestions?

I'm trying to set up a HAll just for the singer, how did you connect your external effects device to the interface? I can hear the reverb from the external device during a finished recording, but not live while singing it in.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines