April 23, 2024, 10:15:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Using Audiofuse with external compressor  (Read 2652 times)

shostabrovich

Using Audiofuse with external compressor
« on: August 25, 2021, 08:13:29 pm »
Newbie question-I recently purchased a hardware compressor to work with my Audiofuse. I'm trying to understand how the input gain on the audiofuse and the input gain on the compressor relate to each other. It seems like I can use either. When I have the gain on the interface all the way down and just use the compressors gain it seems to sound a little better? Just wondering if I'm understanding the signal path correctly.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Using Audiofuse with external compressor
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 01:36:38 pm »
Welcome.

Technically you can use either, but the effect will be slightly different as you have noted. What's your signal flow, ie what is the compressor plugged into? I take it you understand what the compressor is doing and why you are getting the results you are getting?
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

shostabrovich

Re: Using Audiofuse with external compressor
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 03:43:06 am »
Thanks! Yeah, I'm just using the insert in the back of the audiofuse to plug in the compressor. I've got a handle on the compressor itself, was just curious about the relationship between the input gain on the audio interface vs the input gain on the compressor.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines