March 29, 2024, 10:30:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Latch transpose  (Read 2672 times)

ffernandez

• Apprentice
Latch transpose
« on: May 30, 2021, 03:38:00 am »
Please design a way to keep the transpose button latched so we can use only one hand to transpose sequences. It would be incredible useful.
Shift + transpose to keep it activated for example

Andrew Henderson

Re: Latch transpose
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 12:01:21 pm »
This has definitely already been logged.  Hopefully it will be implemented in a future firmware, soon.

TinyVince

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2021, 02:57:08 pm »
But in case you use the lower part of a split in sequencermode and the upper one as arpeggio, it should the lower sequencerpattern transpose only .
Hope its not too much for artura. Its a very easy usefull feature.

ffernandez

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 06:42:54 pm »
But in case you use the lower part of a split in sequencermode and the upper one as arpeggio, it should the lower sequencerpattern transpose only .
Hope its not too much for artura. Its a very easy usefull feature.

You can choose the tracks where the transposition is applied by pressing trans and then each track button. That will add or remove the track to the transposition group. So what you want should not be a problem

hawkinsnikwah

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2021, 08:24:45 pm »
Bumping this because it's very needed. Also, transpose via midi like the KS, BSP, Microbrute, etc.

Andrew Henderson

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2021, 01:46:50 pm »
Bumping this because it's very needed. Also, transpose via midi like the KS, BSP, Microbrute, etc.

Transpose via midi for sure.  I don't use the KSP for live use, but for studio use, so everything is heavily programmed and automated.  I miss being able to send midi transpose info from Cubase.  Instead, I have to burn through more patterns, by duplicating and transposing and then automating pattern changes via program change messages.  Being able to transpose via midi would save me the time, hassles and free up more available patterns, since I won't have to waste them anymore.

Get in touch with support and let them know your thoughts and desires on this, so they can add it to the list of recommendations.  The more a feature is requested, the better the chances of it being implemented.

ffernandez

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2021, 05:15:40 am »
I agree midi transpose would also be great. You could transpose the all the tracks with an external sequencer. A dream feature....
But don't forget the latch transpose button please! It would be very easy, maybe a double tap on the button, or hold + trans

TinyVince

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2021, 06:10:54 am »
But in splitmode transpose only the lower part track.Not the upper one in case its a arpeggio.
Miss these easy feature, its incredably laborious to press the button at the same time.

al80

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2021, 11:21:17 am »
+1.also arturia please make ksp transpose from external midi keyboard .this function is available on original keystep and beatstep for years now.

Ar1

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2021, 03:57:41 pm »
I use BSP and KSP... Until KSP can be transposed from MIDI, I just stop using transpose on both. I can't play live and do the same (simple!) thing on both devices at one time. It stop creativity, when two devices from the same family don't talk each other the same language.

paulmesser

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2021, 03:03:36 pm »
Yes. This.
MIDI transpose would be great too.
MIDI transpose of multiple tracks as well would be even cooler.

Luke101

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2021, 09:01:13 am »
Dear Arturia. Transpose latch and from external midi is a MUST for many composers/performers not into techno type of music. Ksp is used by many melodic composers too and often as part of a complex midi setup with many synths. Transposing all  at once requires midi transpose and if ksp is the master, the one hand latch transpose is a must too. Please tell us when these essential feature will be implemented. In the meantime, my ksp is almost left unused...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines