March 28, 2024, 04:58:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi Control Center Incident  (Read 2058 times)

thark

• Apprentice
Midi Control Center Incident
« on: May 29, 2021, 03:52:56 pm »
I had a bit of a scare a couple of days ago. While trying to back up my patches with Midi Control Center I kept getting error messages something like “cannot get preset A1”. Nothing that I did fixed the problem ... not trying multiple usb cables or different computers. This lead me to believe that the problem was in the Matrixbrute and that I would have to return it (it’s still under warranty thankfully). I shut the MxB down and slept on it.

Next day I turned the matrixbrute on and tried another backup and ... it worked! I thought about it and realised that the day before I had accidentally left the matrixbrute on all night before trying a backup. The fix, apparently, is not to leave it powered for long periods of time.

So, with all of that out of the way, is overheating in the matrxbrute a problem? Has anyone observed this or similar problems?

Cheers,

Keith

STM

• Apprentice
Re: Midi Control Center Incident
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 03:58:49 am »
Interesting. I never had an issue like that, but I don't let the MxB powered over night.
I'll just give it a try and report if some problem turns up.

STM

• Apprentice
Re: Midi Control Center Incident
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2021, 04:03:38 am »
Just to let you know: my MxB is running almost 2 days now and I have no problems transfering presets in any direction.

EDIT: the sleep mode (screensaver) was active
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 04:06:39 am by STM »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines