April 20, 2024, 08:02:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Looper - Ability to assign to a single instrument/drum voice (and disable it)  (Read 1419 times)

HardScience

• Apprentice
Having the ability to assign the Looper to a specific instrument only (and/or a single drum voice) would be very useful. Unless I'm missing something, the only option is for the Looper to affect the entire song. Which can be hit or miss, especially when retriggering at 32nd notes. It would be amazing if I could, say, assign the Looper to the snare or hi-hats only. That way I can do on the fly drum fills, or 32nd note hi-hat rolls.

Also, would be very useful to be able to disable the Looper. It's just so sensitive, and my hand is always brushing up on it and retriggering the song in the most awkward of ways. It's more of a nuisance than anything at this point.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 02:53:01 am by HardScience »

Andrew Henderson

Having the ability to assign the Looper to a specific instrument only (and/or a single drum voice) would be very useful. Unless I'm missing something, the only option is for the Looper to affect the entire song. Which can be supper hit or miss, especially when retriggering at 32nd notes. It would be amazing if I could, say, assign the Looper to the snare or hi-hats only. That way I can do on the fly drum fills, or 32nd note hi-hat rolls.

Also, would be very useful to be able to disable the Looper. It's just so sensitive, and my hand is always brushing up on it and retriggering the song in the most awkward of ways. It's more of a nuisance than anything at this point.

Thanks!

The first part, definitely would be cool.  I too have never understood the novelty of the looper being, globally set.  If it could be assigned 'per track', including 'drum track', it would be far more useful.

As for your second point, you can disable the looper!  If you are on FW 2.0, pressing shift + the looper, will have it disabled and the OLED screen will show you this.  Shift + the looper, will enable it again.  This setting gets saved with the unit, too.

HardScience

• Apprentice
As for your second point, you can disable the looper!  If you are on FW 2.0, pressing shift + the looper, will have it disabled and the OLED screen will show you this.  Shift + the looper, will enable it again.  This setting gets saved with the unit, too.

I know I did this recently but I assumed it was through the menu. When I went back to the menu to try disable it again, I couldn't find the options so I assumed that it was missing from firmware v2.0. I guess I just got mixed up. Thanks for the heads up :)

Cheers,
Arturo.

Andrew Henderson

I know I did this recently but I assumed it was through the menu. When I went back to the menu to try disable it again, I couldn't find the options so I assumed that it was missing from firmware v2.0. I guess I just got mixed up. Thanks for the heads up :)

Cheers,
Arturo.

Yes, this is correct, it is not through the utility menu.  I actually prefer this, as it means no menu diving to enable/disable.  It can all be done when needed, right from the front panel.

Xinod

• Apprentice
+1
Always felt it would be perfect if you could limit it to one track rather than affecting everything. It would be amazing to be able to record it too, but I understand that would probably introduce a lot more complexity...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines