April 20, 2024, 05:26:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab Mk2 and Analog Lab V  (Read 2108 times)

Christian61

• Apprentice
Keylab Mk2 and Analog Lab V
« on: May 24, 2021, 02:47:17 pm »
Hallo,

I want to check if anybody has the same (navigation) issues with their Analog Lab V and Keylab Mk2 integration.

Here is what happens (in Analog Lab standalone and VST):

[button] on the Keylab controller

1 - - )

I want to select „Styles“ from the Keylab controller (it works all fine the software when using the mouse)

Press [Analog Lab]
Press [Category]  - 'Instruments“ gets highlighted in the software, ok
Press [Rightkey] - "Types“ gets highlighted in the software, ok
Now another
Press [Rightkey] - „Recently played“ on the left gets highlighted in the software, the „styles“ can not be selected with the controller
Press [Rightkey] - „Banks“ gets highlighted in the software, ok

Press [Rightkey] - stays on „Banks“ and the „Designers" item in the top can’t get selected

2 - - )

I want to select „DX7 +Bass Styles“ with help of the Keylab controller (it works all fine the software when using the mouse)

Press [Analog Lab]
Press [Category]  - 'Instruments“ gets highlighted in the software, ok
Selected  DX7 [Selector Knob] and pressed it, fine, but a list with ALL DX7 presets gets shown.
it looks it is not possible to filter further on Types or Styles once the instrument is selected like it is possible within the software.

3 - - )
Whatever is selected in the Analog Lab V browser is not reflected the in the Keylab Mk2 controller display.

As it stands now the key lab controller integration is quite poor and useless to me…

Any idea ?

——
Mac OSX Big Sur
Analog Lab V Version 5.2.0.1378
Key Lab Mk2 49 Firmware 1.2.4
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 02:30:03 pm by Christian61 »
Gear: 2020 iMac 27" • 2021 MBP 16" M1Max • Apogee Quartet • Mackie controller • Push2 • Virus TI • NI Complete • ARTURIA V9 • Omnisphere / Trillian / RMX • Slate plugins • Korg • Ableton 11 • Fender Jazz Bass/Strat/Tele • Gibson Les Paul • Kemper profiler

jmcdonald80

Re: Keylab Mk2 and Analog Lab V
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 01:48:56 am »
Yes, having very similar issues. Trying to work through Arturia's support problem report system, but so far the description of the steps are simply not working. Hope it my problem understanding and not an issue with the integration with Studio One. Would like to see a VERY CLEAR, step-by-step process to set up and use the integration in both the stand-alone and the DAW plug-in modes.

Everything I have seen so far is piecemeal, including the emails, and has not solved the problem. The support group description is short and cryptic and so far I can not make it work following the brief instructions provided.

Basically, the basic level of integration is working, i.e., sending MIDI and showing Studio One mapping being completed. Sounds and sometimes the selected instrument shows up on the display and the proper instrument is playing a sound when just playing a piece. However, none of the transport functions work at all.

NOTE: have encountered one other issue in the integration: even when I adjust the sounds of one of the sample (e.g., piano) instruments in  Analog Lab  V to the highest level, playing the keys still produces less than optimum, slightly muted sound. If I use another sample source, e.g., Addictive Keys, and set the very same volume maximums, the resulting studio One 5 sound is full volume and not muted at all. In both cases, the samples are "out-of-the-box" except for maxing the volume. Can not see any obvious differences that would explain the inadeguate response created when using Arturia's Piano V samples. Anyone having similarexperiences. Any suggestions as to where to look for a fix?

PS: My wife is the musician (classical pianist) and she absolutely loves the equipment. I just have to get the frustrating audio engineering issues fixed for her to perform as needed.

jamessw

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 12:33:43 pm »
I've heard these issues were a thing. But they are fixed now as far as I know.
Hey guys! Contact me if you need a reliable essay writer uk. I know a perfect guy just for you!

MoralezM

• https://writer-elite.com/literature-review-writing-service/
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 08:39:58 pm »
I really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us. I assure this would be beneficial for most of the people.
I decided to buy a case brief and be helpful.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines