March 29, 2024, 06:41:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Autostart sequencer via external sequencer.  (Read 1155 times)

RobArtz

• Apprentice
Autostart sequencer via external sequencer.
« on: May 22, 2021, 04:31:20 pm »
Hi,
I have an external hardware sequencer via midi connected to my Keylab 61 MkII. Is it possible to autostart a chosen sequence in Analog Lab with my external sequencer? For now I am starting both at the same time with two hands.... but it would be better for the synchronization to let my external sequencer start the Analog Lab sequencer at the same time.

LBH

Re: Autostart sequencer via external sequencer.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2021, 07:32:02 pm »
Hi,

I presume you mean in a live/ recording performance, so you have'nt recorded anything in advance.

Analog Lab it self have no sequencer and arpeggiator. The presets react like they are programmed. Depending on the original applications you may have different ways to trigger the sequence. You need full individual applications to change settings like that. This can perhaps give options for a few applications only, but i can't tell for sure. Perhaps mostly, if you also use a DAW/ host.

I assume you play a note on a keyboard controller, when you say "start the sequencer".
It sound like your external sequencer have a start button.
If the external sequencers start button has a "keyboard on" feature, so it can start, when you play a note on your controller, then that should be it.
Alternatively the external sequencer perhaps can activate notes for your Analog Lab preset.

And then you have to sync the tempo in one way or another.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 07:36:32 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines