March 28, 2024, 05:16:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Global Pitch Bend?  (Read 1039 times)

Rymo

• Apprentice
  • Olio
Global Pitch Bend?
« on: May 22, 2021, 12:54:21 am »
I would love to be able to set a global pitch bend range that overrides all saved preset pitch bend ranges. and have the ability to toggle global pitch bend on and off. right now my work around is to go in to every preset and change the range from 1 semitone to 2, since that is my most used range, and half of the stock presets are set to 1 semitone. anyone else think this would be useful? it sounds like it could be simple to implement.

Rymo

• Apprentice
  • Olio
Re: Global Pitch Bend?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2021, 03:13:03 am »
ok i gotta ask, after going through all the factory presets, 75% or more were 1 semitone pitchbend range. i come from a monosynth background and 2 semitones is the gold standard because it works on most of the scale. Is there a reason all these poly patches are 1 semitone? is that more usable in the poly world?

---edit----

ok after going through the 3 free preset packs on arturia website for polybrute, i noticed 95% of them are set at 2 semitone pitchbends. so im not alone in thinking thats the standard pitchbend amount! the question still stands, if any poly synth players out there utilize 1 semitone pitchbend or if the factory patches just didnt utilize them... but what confuses me is that the default setting on a default patch is 2 semitones. which means the creators of the factory presets might have set them to 1 semitone? unless the default for them was set at 1 semitone... ill stop here just voicing my observations :)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 04:13:50 am by Rymo »

Sergej Volkov

• Apprentice
Re: Global Pitch Bend?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2021, 04:43:10 pm »
Yes, I support those above! And also different values for the pitch bend wheel. For example, so that when you go down, you can get a value by half a tone, and when you go up, you get a tone.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines