April 24, 2024, 11:35:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Crackling on percussive sounds  (Read 1192 times)

alpha-w

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Crackling on percussive sounds
« on: May 18, 2021, 02:54:13 pm »
Hello,
first of all: Pigments is a really great synth with a huge sound variety.

Unfortunately there is a crackling on extreme percussive sounds, especially on "state-of-the-art" Pluck bass sounds. The sound itself can be programmed really good and if you extend attack/decay then the crackling is gone - but the percussive character is gone, too.

I checked this programming technique on other "new" wavetable synths - and there is no crackling.

Can provide more info via PN  :)

best
alpha-w
Cubase 12, Arturia Pigments + Sounds, VCollection 9, FX Collection 3, Xfer Serum, NI Komplete Ultimate 14, Izotope Holiday Bundle Diamond, Sugarbytes Effectrix, Guitarist, and some others

LBH

Re: Crackling on percussive sounds
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 05:57:11 pm »
Hi,

Where do you have the state of the art preset from? I don't have it, so i can't check it.
Can you name a factory preset that have the crackling issue?

When i hear crackles and it's about Pigments, then it's about the output level is over 0 db or about an added effect like the bit crusher or something like that. Have you checked things like this?

alpha-w

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 02:08:27 pm »
Hello,
I am creating those sounds on my own. The output level is not about zero and the crackle definitely is caused by extreme short decay times especially in the filter section. I am using the envelops to modulate several parameters to get the pluck character. I can sent you a sound example via PM.
best
alpha-w
Cubase 12, Arturia Pigments + Sounds, VCollection 9, FX Collection 3, Xfer Serum, NI Komplete Ultimate 14, Izotope Holiday Bundle Diamond, Sugarbytes Effectrix, Guitarist, and some others

LBH

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 03:51:41 pm »
Hi,

Do you know i'm a user, and that this forum is'nt Arturia support?

If you wan't me to have a look at a preset example, then feel free to post a simple example that does'nt have to be kept a secret in this thread.
Perhaps others wish to chime in.

If you wan't to contact Arturia support to find out, if they can confirm an issue, then you can do so through your Arturia account.

Best
LBH

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines