April 26, 2024, 04:13:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: No voice stealing of held notes with sustain pedal.  (Read 1039 times)

Ljudmakaren

• Apprentice
No voice stealing of held notes with sustain pedal.
« on: May 17, 2021, 07:51:34 pm »
I would love to be able to set the voice stealing to not interfere with held notes when using a sustain pedal. For example, a piano sound, strike a chord with your left hand and hold down the sustain pedal. Now, make a passage with your right hand. It would be really nice for the synth to keep the chord and have the voice stealing happening in the melody, sustained and less cluttered. And the chord base stand intact. :)

Ljudmakaren

• Apprentice
Re: No voice stealing of held notes with sustain pedal.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 01:00:16 am »
Also, it would be good to have the possibility to retrigger notes if already occupied by an voice.

Say that all voices are occupied and that voice 5, for example, is a c. If i press the C again, to my understanding, either the first voice triggered, the lowest voice or no voice is playing that C.

If retriggered it would mean that the C is once again triggering voice number 5.

The Rev 2 had that feature and for me it was a crucial feature.

These two features would make the polyphony feel so much better!

creativespiral

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2021, 06:58:31 am »
Have you tried using Split mode.   Split and stack are a bit funky and unintuitive to set up on PB, due to the macro behavior, but you can set three voices to lower split and three voices to higher split and choose different voice allocation modes for them.  Then you should be able to hit a three note chord on the lower split and have it held, while playing a melody up top. 

"Reassign" voice allocation will try to reassign a given key the same voice each time its triggered... if that voice is available. 
PolyBrute Fundamentals Sound Set:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/p/polybrute-fundamentals-sound-set/

My Free Patches for PolyBrute and Other Synths
https://www.presetpatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

Ljudmakaren

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2021, 12:30:20 pm »
Thanks for the response! :)

Ah, so the reassign acts like the retrigger.

I have to say that even though the splitting is a workaround its not that intuitive and it would still be great to have better sustain pedal implementation.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines