April 23, 2024, 12:00:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Out of tune after several retunes, left on all day  (Read 2237 times)

gminorcoles

• Apprentice
Out of tune after several retunes, left on all day
« on: April 18, 2021, 01:37:11 am »
I just got my polybrute today. I left it on for about six hours. When I first took it out of the box I did a full auto tune, and then left it for six hours. I came back to play with a friend playing a digital synth and we noticed immediately that the polybrute is at least a half step out of tune.

I have recalibrated it several times and played a lot of patches, even ones that are very simple and have no weird pitch going on.

Has anyone experienced this? It is majorly out of tune.

gminorcoles

• Apprentice
Re: Out of tune after several retunes, left on all day
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 07:00:58 am »
Updating firmware didn’t help. Recalibrated another couple of times

modalmixture

• modeswitching
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 08:05:32 am »
A little pitch drift is normal, especially if the temperature changes, but I haven't I haven't experienced that level of detuning. As a workaround you should be able to use the Fine Tune control in the upper right to adjust +/- 1 semitone to get in tune with another instrument.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 01:37:19 am by modalmixture »

HamJam

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 11:44:09 am »
Yes, mine always has 1 voice out. I have to calibrate everyday. I assumed this was normal for the unit, seems not?

nazgul123

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 01:42:41 pm »
Same for me. several retuned and no success. its always one half tone out of tune. C is C#
Any suggestions? atm i am really sad cause the connect software and the polybrute is a perfect mixture.

nazgul123

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2021, 10:57:37 pm »
ok, had the synth turned off for some hours and now its in tune again.
some magic stuff happened🙏

grazie

jwgrant68

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2021, 03:47:33 pm »
I’m experiencing a problem too. It was on all day and now preset 1A2 is completely out of tune. When using it with arpeggiator it plued perfectly in tune, then all of a sudden after being on all day, when playing for example a Cm chord using arpeggiator, there are random notes being triggered which are not included in the chord i’m playing. even different octaves. i turned it off for hours and this one preset is totally different now, hadn’t changed any settings, not saved anything, nothing. Totally flummoxed. Have checked mods, nothing works. Bummed. Factory reset, still doesn’t work.

Cord

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2021, 04:11:58 pm »
I have a calibration failure with timeout. I am focusing on VCO tuning only, but it doesn't go through. Either times out or freezes during procedure.

Running latest OS and have done factory reset too.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 04:16:15 pm by Cord »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines