March 29, 2024, 01:40:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Tuning knob VCO 1 - always quantized?  (Read 1417 times)

TIGHT LINES

• Apprentice
Tuning knob VCO 1 - always quantized?
« on: May 16, 2021, 10:13:10 pm »
Hi.  Is there a way to un-quantize the tuning of VCO 1?  I know when you send a mod to it, it is smooth, but I can't seem to find anything in the settings (global or otherwise) that allows me to change this behaviour.  Is there something I'm missing?  Everything else I want to do so far has been really straightforward....  Any insight would be appreciated!

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Tuning knob VCO 1 - always quantized?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 10:38:40 pm »
You're not missing anything. The VCO 1 Tune knob only has the one quantized mode, as opposed to VCO 2 which has different knob modes (although not a quantized one). Not really much of a work around, but one could perhaps use Fine Tune in a pinch, for when you want none of the oscillators to be bang on the standard tuning... Edit, by that I mean fine (de)tune VCO 1 with the Fine Tune knob, then use the VCO 2 tuning knob to put it at standard (or any other..) pitch.

The issue of more flexibility for  VCO 1 and 2 tuning has been raised, and if it's important to you, then weigh in by sending a feature request by way of a support ticket on My Arturia.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 11:52:30 am by DrJustice »

creativespiral

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2021, 12:30:58 am »
Yeah, send a message to Arturia Support...   This is one of the most annoying peculiarities.  Osc 1 should be able to get fine tune offset.   I'm constantly running into this and scratching my head on why its like this.  Being able to fine tune each oscillator should be a given.     

Also, being able to set each oscillator footing/octave in the menu would be very helpful.   There's some basic sound design issues that need to be addressed...  There are workarounds for these, but they really should just be addressed in a firmware update.
PolyBrute Fundamentals Sound Set:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/p/polybrute-fundamentals-sound-set/

My Free Patches for PolyBrute and Other Synths
https://www.presetpatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

guyaguy

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2021, 12:41:14 am »
The fact that the sub is on oscillator that’s detunable also means the sub is detuned. If I could detune both VCOs I could set VCO2 and the sub to be perfect pitch with VCO1 detuned.

TIGHT LINES

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2021, 04:59:02 pm »
Thanks for this.  I will ask them about the possibility of adding this as an option in a future update - it's especially annoying when one would like to have smooth pitch morphing from A to B using the Morphee. 

Right now I'm dealing with a new issue where when I open Logic Pro, and my PB is connected to my Mac, the PB starts going crazy and making wild droning noises.  Arturia has been very quick to respond and help trouble-shoot, so I'm grateful for their customer service - but I thought I'd mention it to see if anyone else has had a similar issue.

Thanks again for your feed back re: tuning.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines