April 16, 2024, 05:49:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 61 MkII - ANALOG LAB/DAW/USER-setup does not work...  (Read 1367 times)

RobArtz

• Apprentice
Hi,
On my Keylab 61 MkII I have set ANALOG LAB to Analog Lab V, DAW to Ableton Live and USER to a hardware synth (midi channel 14).
When I use ANALOG LAB I still hear my hardware synth playing the same notes I play in Analog Lab V.
When I use USER it's the same vice versa.

My intention is to play and hear only Analog Lab V when ANALOG LAB selected and only my hardware synth when USER selected.
The funny thing is that when I use my Novation SL61MkIII with the same setup, everything works as planned......

So do I have to switch to my Novation to let It do all the work or is there something I missed with my Keylab 61 MkII?

flyjat76

• Apprentice
Re: Keylab 61 MkII - ANALOG LAB/DAW/USER-setup does not work...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 03:32:05 pm »
Hi, I also have a Mk2, but no hardware synths.

Assuming I’ve understood your issue, I think there may be some confusion over what Analog Lab mode of the Mk2 does. It doesn’t change the keys, just the assignment of the buttons, encoders & faders.

In the settings for Analog Lab (the VSTi), you’ll see an option for MIDI channel. By default it’s set to ALL. This of course means that whatever MIDI channel the controller is set to, Analog Lab will be heard.

So as a starter, I’d try setting this option to a single channel (different to your hardware synth) & see if that works.

Hope that helps.

RobArtz

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 07:42:17 pm »
Hi, This solved my problem! Many thanks!
Next time I should read more about the possibilities of the software first before complaining....  ;D

flyjat76

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 09:15:45 pm »
Haha no problem, glad it helped!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines