April 16, 2024, 09:39:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Anyone Using KSP Drum Sequencer in Ableton Live's Drum Rack?  (Read 1229 times)

Jiri K

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to trigger bleton's drum rack from KSP's drum sequencer on Track 1.
I'm hooked up via USB and as per manual, mapped my KSP to Live 11 as BeatStepPro, because KSP is not listed there as an option. When I play on Track 1 through sequencer, Live's Drum Rack plays fine, but when I switch to the Drum mode, nothing is being received whatsoever. My KSP is set to MIDI 10 for the drums and Live is listening on all channels.
Nothing. No messages.

Does anyone know how to map KSP to Live to actually use the drum sequencer? I can't find anything on YT or GOOG on this.

Andrew Henderson

Re: Anyone Using KSP Drum Sequencer in Ableton Live's Drum Rack?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 05:39:49 am »
Do you have the midi note numbers matched up between the two?

You may have to create a custom drum map in the key step pro, to match that of the note numbers for the drum rack.

I think the key step Pro starts at note number 36 and moves its way upwards.

Try and find out what note numbers the drum rack is looking for and make a custom drum map to match that on the key step Pro and you should be fine.

Sanders983

Re: Anyone Using KSP Drum Sequencer in Ableton Live's Drum Rack?
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 11:22:50 am »
If I used the KSP's step sequencer to sequence a plugin or drum rack within Ableton for example, there was a latency issue where the audio

Walgreens Listens
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 12:57:29 pm by Sanders983 »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines