April 20, 2024, 08:16:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Backorder  (Read 1546 times)

MarkBog

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Backorder
« on: May 14, 2021, 11:56:06 pm »
Does anyone know when Arturia will be shipping the MkII's?  I placed an order back in March and it is on backorder with no clear indication of when it will ship.

flyjat76

• Apprentice
Re: Backorder
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 08:21:03 pm »
I enquired about this a few weeks ago, asking if the lack of stock is indicative that it may be discontinued soon in favour of a Mk3 (NAMM Summer 2021 is in July & it has been nearly 3 years since the Mk2 was released!).

As expected, an initial reply along the lines of “... contact your local retailer, no information on future product lines etc...”.

However when I dug a little deeper, the 2nd reply of “... that’s all I can say at AT THE MOMENT...” (my capitals) made me think...  ;)

MarkBog

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 08:45:35 pm »
Thanks.  I didn't think of that.  I am seeing backorder in hardware from other manufacturers and thought it may have something to do with shipping or parts shortages.

flyjat76

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 09:54:18 am »
Probably a conspiracy theory  ;D

In reality, it's a great keyboard so I wouldn't let that stop you getting one & I doubt they'll suddenly stop supporting them. I'm thinking of buying another - updated models aren't always better for all users (the original weighted KeyLab 88 is preferred by many to the current 88 Mk2).

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines