March 28, 2024, 12:02:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Cant playback sequencer recording through Korg volca keys/modular  (Read 2212 times)

samhtester

I see a few different posts by people having the same problem as me - unfortunately none of those people replied to suggestions made. I have tried the ideas in here, and am still not sending sequence to my Volca. If anyone direct me any further I would appreciate it!

The problem : Keystep midi to Volca Keys - plays live but wont playback sequencer (in fact not even sure KeyStep is recording as I dont have any other devices to send sequencer to to hear it back!)
What I've checked:
- Simplified setup so only Keystep talking to Volca Keys via midi, removing all other sync cables of other volcas (I have 4)
- Checked in Seq mode, not Arp
- ensured Clock switches on Keystep are set to 'Internal'
- checked both devices are set to Midi Channel 1
-Volca Keys settings are set midi clock sync = Internal (not auto) and midi RX short messages = On

midi controller might hold some clues but I dont know for sure!

I also have a Volca Modular - I managed to hook this up ok via CV but I have no way to differentiate the notes that I play on keystep between the volca keys to the volca modular (I cant differentiate using midi channels, as modular is CV). I can alternate using my mixer volumes, but that wont allow me to play different sequencers. By hey, 1 problem at a time!

BevanSmith

• Apprentice
Hi. I'm sympathetic. I have Volca Beats and Bass and can't get the BSP to control either live or as a sequence via midi. The cv out does sync them when changing the value to 2PPQ (Korg) in the cc, so that's a start. But I don't need the BSP as a master clock, I need it as an all in one sequencer.
Yours is the 4th post I've read with this issue. No one is replying. Has anyone worked this out. It must be simple fix - we're missing something that everyone else thinks is obvious? -as there are so mnay YouTube videos with BSP controlled Volcas using midi.
Please let me know if you've resolved this issue. B.

BevanSmith

• Apprentice
I finally worked out that I was using the wrong minijack to 5 pin socket dongle. The one with the black end maybe for connecting to 1980s Yamaha gear. Go well. B.

samhtester

Re: Cant playback sequencer recording through Korg volca keys/modular
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 02:20:52 pm »
I finally worked out that I was using the wrong minijack to 5 pin socket dongle. The one with the black end maybe for connecting to 1980s Yamaha gear. Go well. B.

Thanks Bevan - I'm running CV through my Volca Modular and midi through my Volca Keys. Seem to be able to get both sending notes no problem, and I have the sequence sending something now as well, using a DAW to ensure the Keystep is where I need to spend my time (and I think it is).
Will play around with Midi CC as well

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines