March 28, 2024, 02:35:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KeyLab 61 MKII - Change Patch or Preset?  (Read 2250 times)

melodeath

KeyLab 61 MKII - Change Patch or Preset?
« on: May 13, 2021, 04:05:55 pm »
I just got a KeyLab 61 MKII. It's my first modern MIDI controller.

How do I change patches or presets in a software synth? This works great in Analog Lab with the arrow buttons, but I can't figure out how to do this with any other software. For example, I've loaded up Syntronik as well as Softube Model 84. I've switched to DAW and User mode, but the knob and arrow buttons on the KeyLab don't seem to do anything.

Thanks for any helps!

LBH

Re: KeyLab 61 MKII - Change Patch or Preset?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 06:36:24 pm »
Hi,

That depend on how the software you use works. So please consult the software manuals. I don't know about the software you mention.
If the software in example have arrows buttons to step through presets, and you can assign a button to those, then that's a possibility. But there can be other possibilities.

flyjat76

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 08:15:54 pm »
I have a Mk2, never found a way to use the keyboard buttons to scroll presets in anything other than Analog Lab, V Collection instruments & Pigments.

Most (if not all) soft synths I own don’t offer preset scrolling in their ‘MIDI learns’ so I doubt it’s something you could do with manual user maps either.

Not a huge issue for me as my (QWERTY) keyboard & mouse is just as convenient.

EdwinGBrown

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 05:58:28 pm »
I'm kind of new at this, but last night I saw a YouTube video where the guy accomplished this by controlling the VST through Ableton and then having the Mk2 controlling Ableton. So, you use the DAW as the middle-man in order for the MK2 to control the software synth.

cubillas

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2021, 03:34:41 pm »
If you use Komplete Kontrol, I mean the software, you can manage to attribute a CC value in  order to change presets with the keyboard.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines