March 19, 2024, 08:55:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Organizing Sounds on Matrix  (Read 1696 times)

IanCaton

Organizing Sounds on Matrix
« on: April 23, 2021, 11:51:59 pm »
Hi! This has probably been talked to death here, but I'm a newbie. So come on, be nice  :)

I am trying to put all my sounds with motion, i.e. sequences and Duo-Split voices in the top right 4 quadrants; then all my lead sounds in bottom far-left quadrant; all my basses in the quadrant next to that; drone sounds next to that; paraphonic sounds next to that. It's looking all lovely on the map I drew out and on the spreadsheet I created on my computer. But then the actual logistics of DOING this has me going bananas. Literally.

I was moving some paraphonic sounds to the bottom right EMPTY slots, no problem. But then started to move a couple to the line above AND I ACCIDENTALLY KILLED THE 'BABY MAKING BASS' AND THE 'WIDE BODY BASS' voices.

So If I move one to another slot, I need to make certain that it's empty first. So I am moving x to get to y to make room for z. It's crazy, and now I feel like a literal banana.

So, I know it's probably been talked about to death here, but is there an EASY way to move all my sounds into a geography that I can work with.

Thanks in advance!

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Organizing Sounds on Matrix
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 11:59:48 am »
If you want to organize your sounds across the matrix, I'd recommend using the MCC.

* Back up your MxB first using "Recall to Computer", just in case.
 * Start a new project on the left hand side.
 * Populate the new project with patches that you drag over from the right hand side to the slots where you want them (you can transfer whole rows by dragging their row-letters)
 * Finally you can send that project to the MxB.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 10:21:37 am by DrJustice »

Dr⍉neD@ddy

• Apprentice
  • “I shut my eyes in order to see.”~Paul Gauguin
    • Let's Do This! "Poets in Portland Eating Food"
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 10:22:00 pm »
Thank you. I am new to this machine (maybe 1 month) and very new to this community. That was quite helpful.

Next I need to work on sequencing.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 05:25:26 pm »
Welcome Dr⍉neD@ddy, and congratz on the MatrixBrute!  :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines