March 28, 2024, 05:32:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: cant modulate lfo speed continuously??  (Read 1261 times)

dave dave

• Apprentice
cant modulate lfo speed continuously??
« on: May 13, 2021, 01:02:11 am »
i love my brute but one thing that annoys me....  you cant modulate the speed of the lfo continuously. only in notes or triplet or dotted. not continuously thru all 3modes, this means big steps between each division. i like to assign either the mod wheel of after touch to lfo speed but its pretty useless on the brute. please someone correct me if im wrong. i really hope this will be corrected in a future update.

SamGillies

Re: cant modulate lfo speed continuously??
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 05:26:20 am »
I'm not an expert, but I think that is controlled by the lfo sync button.
With sync on, the rate is synched to the clock and rate changes the divisions like 1/4, 1/8, 1/16,..
With synch off, rate is continuously variable.

Hope this helps.eufycc

dave dave

• Apprentice
Re: cant modulate lfo speed continuously??
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 10:56:24 am »
im trying to continuously cycle thru 1/4 notes/triplet/dotted while lfo is synced to tempo. the polybrute only cycles thru either or. every other synth ive ever owned including cheap ones like the novation bass station is capable of doing this. i currently have 7 hardware synths and a bunch of plugins and the polybrute is the only one that cant do this.

if i have the lfo synced to tempo and assign the mod wheel to control the rate, it jumps from 1/4 to 1/8 to 1/16 without hitting the dotted and triplet notes inbetween.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines