March 28, 2024, 02:16:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Only four controller knobs? And how to turn of delay/reverb completely?  (Read 5176 times)

Trond

• Apprentice
I've had Analog Lab V for a while, but I just can't understand why there is the 8 macros available for adjustments. I missing the possibility to edit drawbars on the organs. Id there no way to adjust more paramaters with their own fader or button.

And why is there no way to turn of the delay and reverb on every sound?

marie_arturia

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
If you go to the settings panel by clicking on the wheel at the top right of the screen, in the MIDI tab you can chose a different MIDI Controller. If you select Generic 9 knobs + 9 faders you'll have the possibility to access faders and map what you want on them :)

I don't understand what you mean by "there no way to turn of the delay and reverb on every sound", turning the delay volume and reverb volume (knobs 7 & 8 of the Generic 9 knobs controller) to 0 will "turn off" the reverb and delay since they're send effects.

Bodster

• Apprentice
How to turn off effects
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 03:38:53 pm »
Hi,

> I don't understand what you mean by "there no way to turn of the delay and reverb on every sound", turning the delay volume and reverb volume (knobs 7 & 8 of the Generic 9 knobs controller) to 0 will "turn off" the reverb and delay since they're send effects.

This does not seem to be the case at all for me either. There seem to be many presets that have effects as an intrinsic part of the preset, and thus cannot be switched off in any way.

Is this correct, or am I missing something really obvious here?

JDoo

• Beta-testers
Could you name a few of the Instrument/Preset combinations?  It would make it easier to check out what you're seeing.   

flyjat76

• Apprentice
I've had Analog Lab V for a while, but I just can't understand why there is the 8 macros available for adjustments. I missing the possibility to edit drawbars on the organs. Id there no way to adjust more paramaters with their own fader or button.

Analog Lab is basically a preset player for the V Collection with only limited editing options. If you want full control of an instrument, you'll need to purchase the full instrument - or of course the full V Collection.

JDoo

• Beta-testers

Analog Lab is basically a preset player for the V Collection with only limited editing options. If you want full control of an instrument, you'll need to purchase the full instrument - or of course the full V Collection.

True this -- but many (most?) of the provided presets, have pre-mapped controls for effects (even if you do not own the instrument) - which is why, it would be good to know which instrument-patches the OP is talking about. :)

Bodster

• Apprentice
I have just had an email from tech support at Arturia and they confirmed the reverb and delay are effectively 'embedded' into many of the preset sounds in Analog Lab V and CANNOT be removed or reduced in level without owning full versions of all the instruments.

I feel like I have paid for some demo software, to be honest.

Unfortunately this software is effectively completely unusable for me, as too many of the presets I want to use in my work are covered in effects that I cannot remove.

What a load of amateur rip-off rubbish.

Luke2203

1v1 battle
Could you name a few of the Instrument/Preset combinations?  It would make it easier to check out what you're seeing.
Strings, Brass, Woodwinds, Percussion, Piano and Keyboards, Guitar, World Instruments (usually meaning non-Western)

Felix77

Re: Only four controller knobs? And how to turn of delay/reverb completely?
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2022, 10:57:41 pm »
I have just had an email from tech support at Arturia and they confirmed the reverb and delay are effectively 'embedded' into many of the preset sounds in Analog Lab V and CANNOT be removed or reduced in level without owning full versions of all the instruments.

I feel like I have paid for some demo software, to be honest.

Unfortunately this software is effectively completely unusable for me, as too many of the presets I want to use in my work are covered in effects that I cannot remove.

What a load of amateur rip-off rubbish.

This is really disappointing. It is a rip-off. This reverb thing makes the thing useless, and this is the case with almost all the presets, I only found a very few without reverb. This is sad, because it would be a really nice preset collection in connection with a lab controller keyboard. But with reverb it is not usable in a serious production. This is so stupid, i was about buying a minilab 3 controller, but I won't do.

Jay Mob

Agreed! At least give us the ability to reduce the delay/reverb!

sa

Re: Only four controller knobs? And how to turn of delay/reverb completely?
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2023, 06:55:58 pm »
I also got scammed by this move. They do it because they know its not usable with a ton of delay + reverb. so much money for a demo version :\ oh sorry synth player.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines