March 28, 2024, 09:02:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pigments reverts to its default preset in old projects  (Read 2388 times)

MusicManiac

• Apprentice
Pigments reverts to its default preset in old projects
« on: May 09, 2021, 05:33:40 pm »
This only just started yesterday. Have been using Pigments 3 for a few days now without any issues. Yesterday I closed a project only to open it a few hours later and all the pigments instances loaded the default preset. And this is the same for every project ive used pigments 2 and 3 on.

I've reinstalled both Pigments and Fl Studio. There have been no changes made to my system for over a month. Im on windows 10 thats fully updated.

Im at a loss for what to do as the majority of my projects have used pigments and now the tracks are ruined. I cant tell what preset i was using before even though i did bounce out most of my stuff. Does anyone have any ideas?

NikalMight

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Pigments reverts to its default preset in old projects
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 10:42:56 am »
This just happened to me. I was working on a project and all the PIgments instances all stopped making sound at once. I saved my project to open it again and there was still no sound, all the patches were set to the default patch and the main volume control was set to the minimum setting. I tried reinstalling, but it didn't work. This is infuriating.

MusicManiac

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 04:34:11 pm »
I still cant get it fixed the tech support just sent me steps that ive already done and mentioned to them initially like reinstall. really disappointed

MusicManiac

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2021, 07:05:12 pm »
ye still no fix for me, extremely disappointed. Will be sharing my experience with the community

NikalMight

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2021, 05:42:35 am »
Reinstalling and completely cleaning the Arturia files does not help at all. Arturia need to pull their fingers out and fix their software.

Matthieu_Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2021, 05:01:34 pm »
Hey NikalMight and MusicManiac !
I'm sorry to read about this issue.
I tried myself many updates from Pigments 2.0 to 3.0, in hopes i could trigger this bug.
But i couldn't, it is very hard to reproduce on our side, and could be really session/setup specific.
Since i'm still trying to tackle this bug, could you please contact our support again?
Any additional info or attached session could really help us understand the issue.
Thanks in advance and sorry for your loss.
Best!
QA Technician

NikalMight

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2021, 03:41:58 pm »
I think it has something to do with ASC(as all my Arturia stuff stops working at the same time) and specifically the VST3 plugin. It doesn't seem to happen with the VST2 version. Sometimes, ASC won't log in to the server and all my plugins revert to demo mode. If I log in again using ASC(usually my login details are restored in the text boxes, but in this case I have to manually type my username and password again), normal functionality is restored while I'm in the project, but if I save the project, the plugin reverts to the default patch and won't restore the preset. 

NikalMight

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2022, 10:09:58 am »
All my Arturia software stopped working again(no sound at all), but this time Pigments didn't revert to the default preset when I reopened the project, which is an improvement.

I definitely think it's  an ASC issue now. Every time it happens, I open ASC and my login details are blank where they are usually autofilled. If ALL of your software breaks because of a server issue or a clientside connection issue, that's not good. We should at least get a week's grace period before the software stops working after a successful login. Arturia's servers are unreliable at best and a complete nightmare when new software is released.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines