March 29, 2024, 02:50:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Polybrute connect hangs/crashes constantly - not usable  (Read 3106 times)

glitch

Polybrute connect hangs/crashes constantly - not usable
« on: May 07, 2021, 08:35:15 pm »
Mac OS 10.15.7, PBC 1.0.5.4142, standalone app, latest firmware...PB connect works perfectly, all the knobs reflect in real time with 2-way communications to synth, until you change presets a few times, or do some other random action...this causes the VST/app to hang (spinning color wheel). Must be force-quitted. A fresh restart and it sometimes works again. Very unreliable. Time waster!

This problem is even worse if you use it inside Ableton as a VST.
Notes stuck on synth are another problem. I find myself constantly rebooting the synth.

Yes, this is a V1 product, BUT Arturia lets go get it fixed... don't let me down

modalmixture

• modeswitching
Re: Polybrute connect hangs/crashes constantly - not usable
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 01:11:46 am »
I have had a similar experience using the standalone app in Windows. Sometimes it works flawlessly. Other times I go to change a patch in Connect and it either hangs or stops communicating with the keyboard. I suspect Arturia is aware and I'm looking forward to the next version update.

JKoss

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 05:55:42 pm »
Incredible synth but I'm also having a lot of problems with Polybrute Connect in Logic. When midi is coming through via the Connect plugin, I get hanging notes, Logic freezes and crashes sometimes etc.

The software really isn't usable at the moment. A more stable update would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

jeffgoldberg

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2022, 06:00:47 am »
Mac OS 10.15.7, PBC 1.0.5.4142, standalone app, latest firmware...PB connect works perfectly, all the knobs reflect in real time with 2-way communications to synth, until you change presets a few times, or do some other random action...this causes the VST/app to hang (spinning color wheel). Must be force-quitted. A fresh restart and it sometimes works again. Very unreliable. Time waster!

This problem is even worse if you use it inside Ableton as a VST.
Notes stuck on synth are another problem. I find myself constantly rebooting the synth.

Yes, this is a V1 product, BUT Arturia lets go get it fixed... don't let me down

Also have this problem!  Polybrute gets stuck in MOD mode and won't go to SAVE.  Can't save a patch I've spent hours working on!  Must shut down, restart and start all over.  What is the FIX for this?  Thank you!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 06:04:18 am by jeffgoldberg »

Kioshima

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2022, 08:36:00 pm »
Bump! Logic pro x crashes a lot when using connect AU. Haven't figured out what causes it, but it is for sure the PB itself, not the plugin. My PB is a replacement because the first one stopped calibrating and turned useless. Logic crashing never happened with the first one, but the replacement have this and also gets frozen screen when I touch the VCA release in certain preset slots. If I open projects in logic with an activated connect AU on a track and the PB turned on, I get a spinning disc in OS X, and the project won't open before I turn the PB off. I haven't done any updates since I had the first unit, so it's definitely the synth that causes this. Will open a ticket, will mail store, and if no solution is provided within a short period of time, I will take the unit back to the store and demand a third PB as I'm pretty sick of waiting for solutions (had several of tickets going for over a half year with the first one, with promises of updates and info when the issues where solved).

The replacement unit is built in February 21. Don't know when my first unit was built as I threw away the box, but I find curious that the replacement is built that early as I got it in november 22 (wrote October in the freeze screen thread...that was wrong). When are yours built?

Busher

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2022, 03:58:56 pm »
Same here!! Any news on the issue? Anyone?

Tompen

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2023, 10:38:09 pm »
Same problem as the original poster from 1.5 years ago worryingly enough.

Standalone app used to have a problem with reconnecting with the polybrute after I put laptop to sleep but now all I get is an exactly what the original poster described. standalone app freezes with a spinning wheel for a very long time, have to be force quit, keys hang, only randomly responding to what im doing on the polybrute.

Did anyone get help with the polybrute connect issues? It's not been updated in years if I understand correctly.

I'm running Macos Ventura (13.1).

Frnik

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2023, 02:26:00 pm »
Any update on this problem, I've had this from day one of owning the Polybrute.

During projects opening the VST (or AU) causes long hang times with the spinning rainbow wheel.
I'm on a macbook Pro. Big Sur

Ive tried lots of workarounds without success:
purchased USB-B to USB-C Cable
Deleting the Midi from 'Audio/Midi' and then reconnecting
Used AU,VST & VST 3 with same results
Used Different hubs and direct into the laptop (this wastes a precious lightning port for me)
Delete the Track and add new one

Has anyone narrowed it down to a specific area?
I do think this setup is awesome when it works and would like to not have to fight it like I'm currently doing

Can the VST talk over Midi only without USB (i see this option in the Global settings of the Vst)

Hanebambel

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2023, 12:41:36 pm »
Hi All,

had the same problem with PBC and Logic Pro. It was crashing and hanging all the time on an M1 Pro with MacOS 12.6.

After some research on the internet I found a solution that at least works for me now. Haven't had any crashes and hangs for several days now:

• Replaced the USB Cable with a shorter one (1,5 m)
  • Disabled PolyBrute VST in Logics Midi settings (Settings/MIDI/Inputs), leaving only PolyBrute MIDI active

Maybe that hint works for you as well.

Best,
Jan

msm

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2023, 06:23:19 pm »
Same here. I got it to work briefly for an hour, and it hasn't worked otherwise. I keep getting the "Fetching metadata from the Polybrute failed/ Please restart your device to re-try" message. I've tried 5 different usb cables. I am using a 4-ft one now, and have rebooted the Mac, my DAW (Digital Performer) and the keyboard itself many times. No go.  The idea is so great. If only it worked.

Bob Borries

hangs/crashes constantly - not usable
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2023, 04:12:10 am »
I'm om a Mac mini M1 13.3 Ventura OS and Polybrute Connect standalone hangs/crashes constantly - not usable. Is there a fix for this? What's the troubleshooting advice?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines