April 24, 2024, 04:13:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can't Record Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, or Aftertouch ... Because Why?  (Read 5951 times)

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Re: Can't Record Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, or Aftertouch ... Because Why?
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2021, 07:50:19 pm »
Slide is not adequate, as that's a totally different thing. Pitch-bend can do way more. Slide just ... well ... it's just sliding between two notes. Can't do vibrato for instance. Or trills. Which is something the touch-strip pitch-bend is WONDERFUL for.
Again, we're talking kilobytes here, not megabytes. MIDI CC, PB, MW, and AT were developed in the 80s when 64KB was a large amount of RAM ... for a computer, not to mention a synth. The data was MEANT to be stored in small amounts of memory, because it had to be. I do not see how memory could possibly be an issue. A single step in the sequencer can't possibly be more than a couple few kilobytes. If it's more than that ... well .... Very poor design decisions were made.
How much memory (or lack thereof) does the KSP have anyhow? In RAM terms.
This space left intentionally blank.

fferri

• Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2022, 01:07:33 pm »
Hello Artao.
I hope you are well !
It would be wonderful indeed, I thought about it many times but there are a lot of constraints, for example:
- These are continuous parameters while your sequences are steps
- Storing this in the sequences would increase a lot the amount of memory needed for each patterns
- It would require some proper UI to display those (not impossible but challenging in the current implementation)
All the best
Edouard

I guess the UI wasn't conceived for handling continuous automation.

However it would be nice to have at least *per-step* recording/editing of mod-wheel.

al80

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2022, 12:48:42 pm »
Stop promoting it as a 'free' update tho. It seems petty to point that out. That's expected for hardware. Of course it's free. It better be.
No it's not. Let's get one thing straight. They're under no obligation to keep updating a product FOR FREE. Why should they? Would you undertake all that work for free? No you would not.
Bug fixes = yes, you have a right to expect it to work as advertised including the original features it was promoted as having.
Anything else they give you = bonus. They are not obliged to give you more. But they have.

This self-entitled society we have created will be the death of any true innovation and ingenuity because too many people expect everything for jack sh-t.
They are obliged AT LEAST to add the futures of the original keystep since they  want to call it keystep pro
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 12:50:17 pm by al80 »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines