March 28, 2024, 01:28:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Problem with C key?  (Read 1638 times)

eurorat

Problem with C key?
« on: May 07, 2021, 07:20:09 am »
Hey all,

Fresh out of the box, Keystep Pro's second C key (under Arp Octave 1) doesn't work if either of the immediately adjacent A or B keys (or their flats) is held, but works fine otherwise.  As I'm a complete noob with this controller, I thought it could possibly be something mode-specific and I'm using it wrong -- wanted to check before I took it back to the shop.

I did a factory reset and upgraded the firmware to the latest version but it persists.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 07:29:59 am by eurorat »

eurorat

Re: Problem with C key?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 04:31:15 am »
Sorted - thanks, everyone!

Andrew Henderson

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 09:42:34 am »
Sorted - thanks, everyone!

What was the solution? It may be beneficial to future readers in case they run across the same problem.

ddoyen

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 08:16:39 pm »
For what its worth, I had issues with this exact same key and there was someone else on the forum who had the same problem. My problem was that it would intermittently not produce a NOTE OFF message when I let go of the key so it would randomly not trigger when I pressed it sometimes. It might be worth looking at midi control center while you play and see if there is anything funky going on there. I had to send mine back to get repaired.

JohnDasilva

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 09:10:08 am »
If you need more help with this let us know. Once you boot up your computer using xPUD, I would test the 'c' key like this Hit enter and start typing words with the letter 'c' in them to test it. Then you can play with xPUD or power down the laptop, remove the CD or USB key and boot it back into Windows.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines