April 19, 2024, 09:16:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia please read this keystep pro for musicians and not engineers  (Read 1050 times)

Den

• Apprentice
then I get down my musical ideas right away. the problem is that it only has daw integration and i have a hybrid setup with cubase 11 with eurorack with bitbox mk2 therefore i bought keystep pro because i believed in their sales pitch that it is just plugging into the computer open cubase 11 start eurotack and run in the eurorack signal to cubase where I use vst and I run eurorack on it and everything should only work where everything is mapped and ready.

and what do i get nothing works with cubase and nothing is mapped only the keys work and I have sync problems with eurorack however I can fix with delay compensation, I can not do learn cc or change programs in vst.

I do not understand how badly you can program a product like keystep pro so badly when it is developed for just hybrid setups.

it has everything I need and it is the absolute best controller I have bought and the only thing I need the problem is that the coding is really bad. had they done as nectar has done with their products to begin with and then I mean with full daw integration with automapping so they would not have had so many customers who are angry and that it should be used as a hub where you can multi sample vst from cubase through keystep pro to bitbox mk2 with auto coding so when it has multi-mapped clearly a sound from a vst, it should be mapped velocity pitch etc. in a pad and saved in the sd card on bitbox mk2.

I know that this is an advanced controller and it has everything you could want except more rotary buttons, where I think you should make a small controller that you can have next to it with only rotary buttons that you connect in keystep pro so you do not have to buy another controller from another brand.

so please you have the perfect controller for us who have hybrid setups please program it so that it works for us musicians and not just for engineers, sometimes when I sit down to create music it ends up with me sitting 4-5 hours for trying to make things work without success.

if you can not program in the way we want because the hardware does not allow it, be honest and say so. and is the firmware that you can program please release firmware in more frequent intervals but minor updates.

I think many people feel cheated by the fact that they did not get what they think they were promised and much is that we do not see that it comes out firmware in more frequent intervals and daw templates with ready mappings for all vst then you show that you care keystep pro who has extremely much more to give, please show it by dropping firmware in denser intervals and ready-made daw controller templates.

Den

• Apprentice
just the right direction with this update :) will test 2.0 when I have time to sit down one day and just go through everything. this is just the beginning of what we want out of this controller finally some movement and updates on this "mastermind" as it should be :) thank you Arturia for showing that you feel for this controller that all of us who bought it, it has so much more to give.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines