May 16, 2021, 05:33:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minibrute 2s filter noise, is it just me?  (Read 98 times)

Area_808

Minibrute 2s filter noise, is it just me?
« on: May 01, 2021, 08:51:46 pm »
Hi sorry to post on the general forum but need some help. I bought a minibrute 2s new 6 months ago, and after a couple of months noticed a strange noise on the filter knob, like an unpleasant distortion at certain points on the dial. Iím wondering if this is just the sound of the filter or whether itís defective? Iím fairly certain it is defective as when you modulate the filter sweep with the envelope, this unpleasant sound is not there, just when you turn the filter dial manually. Iíve been living with it for a while now but getting a bit sick of it. Video attached, if anyone with this synth can verify whether or not Iím right on this, that would be amazing.

I would expect a filter sweep to be a clean signal but this is not, it sounds like wind hitting a microphone causing the signal to crackle and break. I am aware the resonance is at 50/60% but if anything this just accentuates the problem, and as I say a modulated filter sweep with the envelope produces the clean sound I expect to hear without this distortion. Example in the video, thanks in advance!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ixgmydqlzbt1hh/IMG_2588.MOV?dl=0
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 10:04:35 pm by Area_808 »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines