April 23, 2024, 10:34:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Stuck Notes  (Read 4691 times)

xigon

• Apprentice
Re: Stuck Notes
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2022, 07:54:12 pm »
One more thing I've noticed.  This stuck note issue is only happening if the octave is set to +-1.  if it's set to 0 or +-2, this does not happen.  Even if I switch to the same notes after changing the octave switch.  I know there were some issues with the octave switch that were supposedly fixed in FW 2 but who knows.  I'm still waiting to hear back from the support ticket open on this but will update when I find something out.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 06:49:06 pm by xigon »

andivax

• Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2022, 08:14:07 pm »
wow!!! u r da man! the bug confirmed here. BTW if you will use MIDI utility to transpose the MIDI events, PB also will "stuck" the notes. In my case Reapers MIDI utility "ReaControl MIDI" with Snap to scale feature ALSO causes stucked notes. I will forward this to Arturia support (they answered my fast BTW). THANX!

xigon

• Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2022, 10:17:39 pm »
Wow.  I'm curious if this is a new bug or something existing before FW 2.0.0.747.  Anyone else having this issue?

razorberry

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2022, 03:22:40 pm »
I sent this issue to Arturia support recently. They said they reproduced it and it will be fixed in future firmware. When that firmware comes out, I have no idea :)

xigon

• Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2022, 06:21:47 pm »
So a brief update to this...

I have now heard back from Arturia and they said they are aware of the issue and are working to fix it ASAP.  From researching forums I can see that the issue has been present since at least summer of 2021 and there have been 2 firmware updates since then that did not fix this.  Also, I reverted back between all 3 available firmware versions and the problem persisted on all 3.  To put it bluntly, I am not confident this will be fixed any time soon.  This is unfortunate because stuck notes are a complete deal breaker for me.  I would expect even the cheapest synth to be able to play octaves while being used as a DAW controller, regardless of what the octave setting is, and feel that the PB should have never been released like this if proper quality testing would have been done.  Don't get me wrong, the PB sounds amazing for sure and I love what Arturia does but for a flagship synth with a retail price of over $3000 I expect basic MIDI to function properly.  Unfortunately I returned mine and went with a Prophet REV2.  I'm shocked there aren't more people complaining about this but perhaps most folks use this as a standalone.  Anyway, good luck everyone.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 06:23:27 pm by xigon »

egotape

• Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2022, 07:56:45 pm »
Unfortunately, I am also quite disillusioned - I would have expected much more from Arturia, after all, Arturia has enough experience with hardware and software.
But now I have a 2500 Euro synth standing here and I almost can't use it.
Hanging notes here, crashes there and no one reacts here in the forum anyway - why do I have something like this here?

rrr123

• Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2022, 08:13:26 am »
OK - I think I might have some progress on this.

The following worked for me:
On the polybrute HW:
  • Settings button:
  • 7: Midi
  • 4: Arp/Seq MIDI out
  • Set it to off

Thanks. This was helpful when my arpeggiator was holding notes too long when replaying a part from the DAW. Evidently there was a kind of MIDI feedback loop going on.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines