April 23, 2024, 11:11:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New Browser - Usability went worse  (Read 1017 times)

dusan.cani

• Apprentice
New Browser - Usability went worse
« on: April 24, 2021, 12:44:57 pm »
I've updated to Pigments 3 from 2.0.0.747 version.

Unfortunately, the new browser UI and functionality causes usability issues for me.

The old browser provided access to the currently selected group of patches directly in the patch popup window triggered from main interface. This is no longer available.

Why the popup patch list is not tied to content selected in the browser ? For example, if I select user bank in the browser, this group of patches cannot be browsed in popup patch list in the main synth interface. Instead of this, the popup window offers only fixed, "type" categorized groups of patches to browse. On top of that, the popup window displays only two columns of patch list. Old browser had nice big full screen multiple column window so browsing patches was comfortable and easy. And its content was fully tied to the settings in the browser.

New browser layout has a lot of wasted space and as the negative consequence the most important part of browser UI, the patch list area, is shrunken down. So now I have a very small area where patch list appears for browsing compared to old layout.

And why the browser doesn't save its settings ? If I select user bank, I want to remember this state so when I next open Pigments the browser shows me the user bank and not ALL patches. But this behavior was present always, it's not only v3 issue.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines