March 28, 2024, 10:29:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Updating to Pigments 3, will it retain the existing presets and edited ones?  (Read 1365 times)

sharath83

• Apprentice
  • Learning music production and piano
I have pigments 2, were in few presets i have used as it is and few others edited and saved, looking to know if updating to Pigments 3, will still retain previous presets with the ones i had edited? Same with rest of the V Collection updates?

LBH

Hi,

Yes presets should not dissapear from the preset folder, if you have saved presets. But as with all things on computers, then it's a good idea to create backups of your files, in case anything go wrong.
If you don't create backups of your files allready, then i recommend, you begin to do that.

As you mention V-Collection, then i can add, that you in example get Jup-4 V. Jup-3 V presets can't be used in Jup-4 V, but Jup-4 install alongside Jup-3 V.

I can't tell, if there are bugs - also when used in hosts. Keep an eye on the forum.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 03:57:38 pm by LBH »

sharath83

• Apprentice
  • Learning music production and piano
Thank you LBH for the reply.

I have several tracks were-in i have used pigments and arturia instruments/plugins ... yup, will take the backup first, and then update all those plugins.

Ugh! thats bad about Jup-4 V.

Will keep checking forum.

LBH

Your welcome.

If you look in the forum, then perhaps there is an issue with at least Ableton Live to keep the preset settings with Pigments 3.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines