April 19, 2024, 05:53:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Not saving preset in ableton  (Read 1423 times)

guidewire

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Not saving preset in ableton
« on: April 22, 2021, 08:14:28 am »
I have a track with 3 pigments channels.  When I save my Ableton project, close it and reopen it 2 of the channels seem to reset to the default patch and the other one seems to preserve what it was originally set to.  I've set the lost channels back to what I was using and saved again and reopened the application and I still have those 2 tracks reset to default. What's going on here?

clearscreen

• Apprentice
Re: Not saving preset in ableton
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 09:01:55 am »
Having a similar problem in Bitwig - Pigments often won't let me save a new preset, or won't save the current plugin state on close...

guidewire

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 05:11:00 pm »
Ya the plugin state is going back to "ring my bell"

I was able to get the selected presets to stick yesterday by saving the preset, but normally the state should stick. I guess I can't rely on this until it's fixed\  :'( :'(

clearscreen

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 01:38:23 am »
It seems pretty random. I can save "ring my bell" ok now, but I cannot save the preset "Funeral's Dub Party" at any stage. Really annopying, as I've modified it heavily and getting something great out of it, but I have to recreate it every time I shut down.  ???
Happening in Bitwig and Live 11 under WIn10 using VST3. Really annoying! Might try a reinstall and see if the VST2 version works better...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 01:40:11 am by clearscreen »

clearscreen

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2021, 01:59:52 am »
Reinstall hasn't helped - even the standalone versions doing it. And it seems to be fairly randomly happening on some presets? Very weird...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines