April 20, 2024, 05:32:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Updating from the old V2  (Read 1911 times)

Moshkito

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Updating from the old V2
« on: January 03, 2021, 03:04:57 am »
Hi,

I just picked up the Jupiter 8 upgrade, however on this new machine I did not have the original Jupiter installed (old machine died badly! It was buried 6ft under!) ... and the download brings in a .PKG that Windows does not like ... (W10 64bit) ...

Can someone please advise on the procedure here? Or did I just waste $29 bux since I can not get a download for the original version of the program ... I'm assuming that is the issue, but not sure at this moment ... I DO have the dongle plugged in, but it made no difference.

Thanks in advance for the help ... I'm hoping support answers ... but support here, previously many years back was not very good!

LBH

Re: Updating from the old V2
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 04:14:03 pm »
Hi,

Arturia no longer use e-Licenser, except for applications that's not updated from V3 collection. So your dongle is not needed, and will not work to activate your new product.
Download Arturia Software Center. You can read about it here: https://www.arturia.com/jup-8-v/asc

PKG is for MAC. That's why Windows does'nt like it. You have downloaded the wrong version.

FYI: It's possible to install the new Jup alongside your old. You can't use old presets in the new as it is.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines