April 27, 2024, 06:22:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Great V3 version.  (Read 1543 times)

LBH

Great V3 version.
« on: April 21, 2021, 09:54:03 pm »
I have'nt tested everything fully out yet, but the new additions and fixes to the new Pigments 3 are great. It look like some user inputs has been taking into consideration and been implementet.

In example The new Utillity Engine, the new Harmonic Engine, the new Effects and the improoved individual FX routing are great.

Pigments have become even more versatile.

Great upgrade and sound.

Razzia

• Apprentice
Re: Great V3 version.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 09:19:32 pm »
Agreed. Really good update. The lack of routing options was something that I was critical about during the version 1 release. Very happy to see it's been addressed. AND a proper additive synthesis engine, very cool. Many thanks to Arturia for another great number upgrade, free of charge. I normally prefer to make my own sounds but I picked up the preset bundle that was advertised in the e-mail because I felt that after 2 free upgrades and other fantastic giveaways from Arturia (the plate reverb is so GOOD. Very much holds its own with the UAD EMT140), I should probably pay for something.

The guys over on kvr have been doing their usual carping about the use of the word "revolutionary" in the marketing material, but as far as I'm concerned when a developer and manufacturer becomes as ubiquitous and successful as Arturia and still treats their customers with not just respect but generosity, that's pretty damn remarkable.

kalzone251

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 06:29:29 am »
Thanks to Arturia for allowing the Sample Engine to load AIFFs in addition to WAVs. This was a minor annoyance in Pigments 2, having to convert WAVs before they could be loaded.

Harmonic Engine, Utility Engine, OTT-style multiband compressor, new effects — all useful additions.

One feature I would still like to see: ability to type in knob values, or use arrow keys for fine adjustments.

Keep up the good work!

Winslow T. Schiller

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 02:06:19 am »
I asked for a Hold button.

I got a Hold button.

Never thought I'd be happy to say, "Please hold." - Blake

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines