April 26, 2024, 03:16:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Patches/Presets lost after Upgrade to 3.0  (Read 1509 times)

Kisnou

• Apprentice
Patches/Presets lost after Upgrade to 3.0
« on: April 21, 2021, 12:38:04 pm »
Hello,

I was working on a few projects with Pigments latest version before 3.0 was added.
Today I updated Pigments and all the patches in those projects have been lost.

Should I reinstall Pigments 2.2 and try to re-open those projects? Have I lost those patches forever? :(

Vic-tor

• Sound designer & Jedi
  • Global Moderator
Re: Patches/Presets lost after Upgrade to 3.0
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 01:42:46 pm »
Hi,

Sorry to read that, this should not have happened.

By  "all the patches in those projects have been lost", what exactly do you mean, did all the Pigments instances revert back to the opening preset ? (Which should be Ring my Bell in Pigments 3)

Could you get in touch with our support team with the same details, and prepare a project to send them ?

https://www.arturia.com/support/askforhelp

Meanwhile, I would advice not saving these projects and keep them in their current state, this should allow you to roll back to former versions without losing your work. The support team can provide you with instructions on how to downgrade properly.

Best !

Victor

Kisnou

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 02:52:21 pm »
Hi,

Sorry to read that, this should not have happened.

By  "all the patches in those projects have been lost", what exactly do you mean, did all the Pigments instances revert back to the opening preset ? (Which should be Ring my Bell in Pigments 3)

Correct, the istances reverted to the opening preset. I did not save the projects after this happened so I really hope we can go back to the original sounds I had in those projects.
I'm using studio one, and If you are aware of musicloops, you can export a midifile with all the instrument information (preset, fx chains and such). When you import that in a new session for example, you get the midi+the exact state of that vst when it was exported.
So, yesterday I had exported a musicloop of a few pigments presets before upgrading and when importing these musicloops, Pigments 3 loads up with the default patch again, so I am pretty sure there is an issue withing Pigments.

I have sent an email to the support team and hopefully we can bring my projects back to life!

MusicManiac

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 05:40:54 pm »
Same thing just happened to me yesterday on all projects that use pigments. Im on windows 10 using fl studio 20. What did tech support say? did you get it fixed?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines