April 19, 2024, 03:13:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Workflow with this keyboard is not productive with Ableton!  (Read 1543 times)

ambient

• Apprentice
Workflow with this keyboard is not productive with Ableton!
« on: April 16, 2021, 10:45:13 pm »
The keys are great and everything but for an $800 keyboard you'd hope it would actually be able to integrate properly with Ableton!  It lacks clip launch and session control functionality.   

If Arturia added these features it would really elevate this for Ableton...  Does Arturia have any plans to update this?

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 12:43:54 am by ambient »

Tonegroove

• Apprentice
Re: Workflow with this keyboard is not productive with Ableton!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 07:39:10 am »
I'm still getting used to my keyboard, but with the Ableton DAW setup, it does seem to integrate quite well for me. The big knob scrolls through scenes, the DAW command buttons work as they should (as indicated on the Ableton overlay), the little left/right arrows switch tracks...

My biggest complaint right now is that I don't care to use the rotary knobs as track balance controls. I want them to act as the quick controls for effects and instruments. Still trying to figure that out.

Did you remember to select Ableton as the DAW(by holding the "DAW" button for a couple seconds)?

ambient

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 09:24:44 am »
Interesting, Thanks.  I will give those arrows a try. I did try it with the Daw command set up though through Daw mode intially though.

I think missing the launch scene controls are what's most missing for me as it makes it that I need to press buttons on my Mac to stop scenes from recording instead of straight from the keyboard.   I'll see if it can work to Midi map from the Daw mode though. Mixing arrows with launch buttons could at least help a bit I'm sure.

Tonegroove

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 03:34:52 pm »
I just tried this out, and it works.. for scene launch:
* Use the big knob in the middle to select the scene
* Use MIDI map to assign the press of the big knob to "Scene Launch" (it appears when in MIDI map mode, at the bottom of the Master channel)

Clip launch seems to be handled by the pads... is this not the case for your setup? To double-check, did you hold down the "DAW" button and select "Live"? Just curious at this point.

ambient

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 10:16:45 pm »
Yeah, so the knob trick works but where it gets tricky is that it doesn't automatocially arm a track when I do scene launch so for live recording since I'm usually using multiple synths anyway it would usually be easier to simply click to the track then launch it, unless I midi map a launch button- which I have done before but still end up needing to click around things to stop the clip playing or move to the next one, etc. 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines