April 27, 2024, 01:03:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: AudioFuse Studio USB routing to ADAT  (Read 4039 times)

in10zity

• Apprentice
AudioFuse Studio USB routing to ADAT
« on: April 18, 2021, 06:25:47 pm »
I'm trying to route (or assign) multiple different USB channels from my DAW to multiple different ADAT outputs. For example in Ableton Live, I have an output from a particular channel with a soft synth with its routings set to "Ext Out" and "USB-3" and want to assign that to AudioFuse's ADAT output 3 so it can show up as input in another ADAT connected interface on another computer, but the only success I have is settings Main Mix, Cue 1, or Cue 2 to any of the ADAT outputs. My old Focusrite 18i20 let me do this in the Scarlett software.

Something else quite limiting is AudioFuse Studio only allows the digital output assignments in pairs (1/2, 3/4, 5/6 etc.) but this is something we can deal with

Bonus question for modular folks: The real reason I want to do this is connect CV Tools (Albeton plugin) and my digital-optical-to-CV output device (Expert Sleepers ES-3) which controls my modular synth. So if anyone has luck with this specific setup, please chime in. This setup worked great on my 18i20 which finally bit the dust after 10 long years of great performance, and I decided to give AudioFuse Studio a try. Big learning curve and sounds great except for a bad mic input channel 1 (out of the box!), but I'm going to give Arturia a shot. (There is a separate post on the forum about folks having trouble with bad input channels I recommend checking out.) I understand AudioFuse Studio has DC coupled outputs, but this is only 2 channels. The ES-3 module I use has 8 channels of CV control, so 2 channels won't cut it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 06:39:33 pm by in10zity »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines