March 28, 2024, 11:04:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: the bugged generation  (Read 3022 times)

Andrew Henderson

Re: the bugged generation
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2021, 07:20:55 pm »
I have not upgraded yet myself due to being gun shy since the KSP has destroyed a full 16 slots worth of projects early on and not looking forward to an hour or so of tedium to complete the full backup and restore.   The process requires backing up all projects (one at a time because the MCC is user hostile), testing that a single restore works before committing to it, upgrading the KSP, factory resetting the KSP, reloading global settings so I don't lose the drum map and then again one at a time loading projects back and hoping nothing is messed up. 

There have been reports in this forum of projects being lost due to an off by one issue when saving.  Andrew, any chance you know if that has been identified and fixed? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2xAo-pubDU

It's hard to consider 2.0 as a success if it introduces show stopper bugs like that one.

So I brought this bug to the attention of Arturia and I was told the user has already been in contact with them and the issue is no longer present, after a reset of the unit.  This isn't a bug to worry about in FW 2.0 at all.  It is too bad the user never came back to explain this.  Either way, you can flash and use safely.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines