April 24, 2024, 07:31:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Ability to turn off MIDI note in drum map  (Read 736 times)

mrerdat

• Apprentice
Ability to turn off MIDI note in drum map
« on: April 15, 2021, 05:33:41 pm »
I'm using the drum sequencer to control both a modular and a MIDI device at the same time.  I'm trying to get it to output only analog gates for channels 1-8, and send MIDI for only channels 9-24.  Problem is- it's sending out the MIDI for channels 1-8 as well, which is confusing my MIDI device. 

Can there be a way in the drum map under custom drum note to be able to turn off MIDI for a note instead of having to assign it to values 0-127? This seems like it'd be a simple option to add.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 08:11:20 pm by mrerdat »

Andrew Henderson

Re: Ability to turn off MIDI note in drum map
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 06:49:53 pm »
I'm using the drum sequencer to control both a modular and a MIDI device at the same time.  I'm trying to get it to output only CV for channels 1-8, and send MIDI for only channels 9-24.  Problem is- it's sending out the MIDI for channels 1-8 as well, which is confusing my MIDI device. 

Can there be a way in the drum map under custom drum note to be able to turn off MIDI for a note instead of having to assign it to values 0-127? This seems like it'd be a simple option to add.  Thanks!

This is a great idea actually.  Could be handy for those that use the drum triggers, as triggers for just about anything, that aren't to respond to midi notes.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines