March 28, 2024, 11:54:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Using Polybrute Connect as VST  (Read 1921 times)

MBLarryH

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Using Polybrute Connect as VST
« on: April 13, 2021, 11:53:21 am »
Have had my Polybrute for a little while, updated firmware (1.05.234) and installed Connect on my win10 pC. Connect seems to work as a stand alone but I cannot make it work as a VST. (I am using Ableton Live 10 on pC) I would like to have ableton send midi to the Polybrute and hear the PB thru its audio outputs.

modalmixture

• modeswitching
Re: Using Polybrute Connect as VST
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 08:16:50 am »
I just tried it in Ableton 11 and it works for me. Can you describe what part of the process is not working?

MBLarryH

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 11:17:20 am »
i am in Ableton live 10. I have installed the polybrute connect vst. It shows up in the browser as a plug in. I can drag that to a midi track and when I click on it it shows a picture of the polybrute panel. I then make a small track on the piano roll and play that. i can see it playing and the green lights on the side of the plug in but I get no sound out of the polybrute audio out. (if I press the keyboard I get sound but not from the usb) my best guess is , either polybrute is not responding to usb midi input or win10 PC ableton is not sending usb midi to polybrute.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 11:22:59 am »
You probably have this sorted, but just in case: The PolyBrute has 2 USB MIDI ports, and it's the "PolyBrute MIDI" port that should be used on tracks.

modalmixture

• modeswitching
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 10:13:58 pm »
Ok, check two things in Ableton. 1) Go to Preferences > MIDI and look for Out: PolyBrute MIDI. The Track box should be enabled to allow Ableton to send midi out to the PB.
2) On the MIDI track itself, the output selector beneath the In-Auto-Off buttons should be set to PolyBrute MIDI, and the Channel to Channel 1.
If that still didn't work, check that the Settings > MIDI > Input Src on the Polybrute is set to either USB or Both.
You don't actually need the vst to be loaded to send midi data, it should work either way.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines