March 29, 2024, 11:00:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Connect Hi Fi speakers to Audiofuse Studio  (Read 1186 times)

Sir Francis

• Apprentice
Connect Hi Fi speakers to Audiofuse Studio
« on: April 12, 2021, 05:46:43 am »
This may be a foolish question (which would be appropriate). But is there a way to connect my Hifi speakers to AFS? I couldn't figure out how to include the Stereo Receiver into Audiofuse to use the speakers as my 2nd set. (I was always bad at signal flow) So I detached them. Now I have a speaker cable with two quite thick wires. I bought a connector that ends in an RCA and then bought an RCA to phono plug and put it into the Speaker B inputs. But it didn't work. Is there a way to achieve this or are my Stereo speakers not meant to work with Audiofuse? (I assumed the amplification would work similarly to the Receiver). Thanks in advance.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Connect Hi Fi speakers to Audiofuse Studio
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 08:49:19 am »
Hi and welcome.

The Audiofuse does not have built-in amplification.
It is designed to be connected to speakers with built in amplifiers, called powered or active speakers.
There is a difference between powered speakers and active speakers but mainly you just need to take away the fact they have built in amplifiers.
Most domestic hifi speakers do not have built in amplifiers, therefore you need to provide one.
To use the Audiofuse with domestic hifi speakers you would need a stereo cable from the Audiofuse speakers A or B outputs into the line input of a separate stereo amplifier, to which you would then connect your hifi speakers.
Set the volume output on the Audiofuse to about midway so as not to overload the input on the amplifier.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines