March 29, 2024, 10:34:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Edit or remove type tag missing  (Read 1251 times)

juanverdaguer

• Apprentice
Edit or remove type tag missing
« on: April 08, 2021, 04:57:49 pm »
Hi,

I used to be able to add, remove or edit types in my presets but since the latest updates this feature seems to be unavailable. Can someone confirm if this is the case?
I relay quite strongly on this categorisation method for my sounds.

Banks and styles seem to be working fine. I suspect the new preset browser UI might be the problem here.
I'm on 2.2.1.1263 on Pigments but the same applies to all soft synths that use the same preset browser.

LBH

Re: Edit or remove type tag missing
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 05:17:42 pm »
Hi,

You can still do it.

First click "More info" in the right side of the Browser. Then either click the "down arrow" for Type Or Bank to change that - or the "+" to change Styles. Then Save the preset. You can access Save through the Icon with 3 dots beside the preset name.
You can also change Designer name by clicking in the Designer text field.

juanverdaguer

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 05:34:17 pm »
Hi LBH, thanks for your reply.

I think we have different versions of the synth.

I can add or remove Banks and I can add or remove Styles BUT "Types" opens up a dropdown menu with a fix list that can't be edited. Each of these "types" in this list open up a submenu with a "+ New" item that lets you  add something there but I want to insert new categories in the main dropdown menu.
This used to be possible since I still see Types that I created myself, I just can't find where that functionality is now.

See screenshots attached for more.

Juan

LBH

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 06:09:46 pm »
Your welcome.

At the end of the main Type list you get Custom. In there you find "New". Click it. Then type the name.
Just like you have a "New" for Subtypes.

Also - i forgot to say, that you can edit the Comments by clicking in the Comment text field.

juanverdaguer

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 06:21:17 pm »
That's very strange, I see a Custom type in the main list, and I can add subtypes in there, but I don't see a "+ New" at the end of the main list.
Do you actually see a "+ New" item at the end of your main list? The last main type I see here is "Wood" (check my previous screenshots).
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 06:25:22 pm by juanverdaguer »

LBH

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 06:26:02 pm »
Just looked closer at your Images. You Custom is number 3 in your list.
I've allways thought it was annoying it was'nt ordered. I hope there will be more order in this.

juanverdaguer

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 06:37:01 pm »
Got it. Yes, I guess it's ordered alphabetically?
So, under Custom I can have my own subtypes, that's true. That should be fine as a temporary workaround but there should be a better solution I think.

Where should I raise the issue with Arturia? Maybe this is an easy fix...

I find it annoying that the functionality for managing Types is gone. I feel like a completely customisable library is needed for saving presets since everyone sees this categorisation in his/her own way. I actually don't find the built-in categories useful.

LBH

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2021, 06:42:21 pm »
It has been a while since i've changed types.
Just tested.
And yes you can only create Subtypes. Also when you create new presets. You will see the name you type in the Type field though. But yes something seems strange here, as old Styles show. Perhaps ask Arturia support about this. You can reach them through your account.

I think some things need to be optimized in the new browser. Also that some changes also first show after a restart of the application. At least sometimes.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 06:48:28 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines