March 28, 2024, 11:51:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: POLYBRUTE REVERTING TO FIRMWARE 0.2.0  (Read 4507 times)

mcresp

• Apprentice
POLYBRUTE REVERTING TO FIRMWARE 0.2.0
« on: April 11, 2021, 04:46:07 pm »
Twice my polybrute has needed a firmware reload as it has failed to turn on.
I know this has been addressed in another post but hoping this will be permanently fixed in a firmware update very soon.

mcresp

• Apprentice
Re: POLYBRUTE REVERTING TO FIRMWARE 0.2.0
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 05:51:15 am »
OH MY GOD !
Reverted to firmware 0.2.0 just happened a third time.
This is really concerning if this happened just before a gig and if I didn't have my laptop on me to reinstall the firmware !
Can I get some feedback on this please Arturia ?
Is this happening to others or should I return my unit ?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 10:00:37 am »
I've not heard about this happening to others.

I recommend opening a support ticket here.

mcresp

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2021, 12:09:05 pm »
thanks.
The issue was adressed in this forum but not resolved.
 https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=107023.0

TheAndyMac

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2021, 09:13:37 am »
Just happened to me - does seem to be a small number of people being affected, so we do need to get guidance from Arturia if this is a hardware fault (and therefore we should get replacements).

I suggest anyone affected submits support tickets about this.

Mavsci

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 02:06:38 pm »
I had the same exact problem and it drove me totally crazy! I did manage to solve it in the end though, but it's hard to say what the actual problem was.

After connecting the polybrute to Polybrute Connect I did the automatic update and it suddenly reverted back to firmware 0.2.0. I had no idea why. After that nothing worked anymore and each time I tried to update the firmware I got an error. I tried the same steps as described in this post over and over again and nothing worked. Finally I contacted Arturia support and they basically replied: "The unit is stuck in "Bootloader" mode. To fix it, update the firmware and it should work again"  :D Which obviously I had tried already a 100 times on various PC's, laptops, using 5 different USB cables, etc. So that wasn't really helpful at all lol  :D

After spending days on trying to fix this without any result whatsoever, I finally decided to buy 2 more brandnew USB cables in various (short lengths). The first one I tried didn't work again. I was about to give up again and tried the last cable and to my huge surprise that suddenly seemed to work! It was a very short USB 2.0 cable, about 1 meter in length. Nothing special about it. I tried various other USB cables of the same length before that and those didn't work, so to be honest I think is more pure luck than the actual USB cable. Hard to tell! But who knows, maybe it was actually the cable.

Hope that helps in any way for those that have the same issue!

mantrak

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2021, 02:09:46 pm »
Oh, no, it just happened to me. Turned it on and it was totally dead except the "Poly" led. Hooked it to PolyBrute Connect and got "Version 0.2.0, must be updated". I am positive that I have updated it when it arrived, 3 weeks ago. After the update all seems working well. So here we are, return immediately or wait for another incident?

mantrak

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2021, 02:17:14 pm »
I tried various other USB cables of the same length before that and those didn't work, so to be honest I think is more pure luck than the actual USB cable. Hard to tell! But who knows, maybe it was actually the cable.

I am pretty sure It cannot be the USB cable. It happened to me withouth even being connected to USB. Afterwards, the USB connection was the only thing that worked, and it worked without a problem. I see no relation. Hope this helps resolving the issue...

Cpt.Credible

• Apprentice
    • Captain Credible
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2021, 06:34:00 pm »
This happened to me today, only had the polybrute for 10 days. I have been mainly using it without USB or MIDI connected. What is going on ? Faulty unit ?

mantrak

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2021, 10:03:01 pm »
I'd say no reason for panic. It happened to me only once and never again. It happened to other people too but it seems not very often. According to this forum to 4 or 5 people. The remedy is simple, just reload the firmware.

Cpt.Credible

• Apprentice
    • Captain Credible
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2021, 04:39:08 pm »
Just keeping score here, today this happened again. That's a total of two time since I got the synth less than 1 month ago.

bskjo1

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2022, 11:20:34 am »
Just got PB last week…reverts to 0.2.0 several times a DAY . . . crashes with preset changes as well.  Extremely frustrated and disappointed at the SLOW response from tech support. Considering sending it back to Sweetwater and purchasing a more refined synth such as a Prophet . . . frustrated.

captainmarko

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2022, 08:33:13 pm »
Happened to me today as well. For an  almost $3,000 synth this should be resolved, and quickly. I love it, but if it continues to turn into a brick, particularly when I'm working with clients, then I will be returning it for something else. Arturia? What say you?ß
Sleep in the trees and keep your knees in the breeze.

Izverg

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2022, 01:50:11 am »
Ah so pissed off.

One month in, maybe used few times (due to time constraints) , I turned PB on, and just the Poly light is on.

Went to update the firmware and the update is stuck at 0%. Can anyone help? Support have yet to reply.

Thanks

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2022, 08:02:27 pm »
...One month in, maybe used few times (due to time constraints) , I turned PB on, and just the Poly light is on.

Went to update the firmware and the update is stuck at 0%. Can anyone help? Support have yet to reply....
Things you could try while waiting for support:
- Enter bootloader mode: hold polyphony button while powering up the PB, then try updating.
- Unplugging and replugging the PB while PBC is running, then try updating.
- Try another USB port on your computer.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines