April 16, 2024, 09:09:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: recording easel in Ableton live  (Read 1983 times)

petehull

recording easel in Ableton live
« on: April 11, 2021, 11:09:12 am »
Hi everyone, bit of a noob question I need help with.

When I try to record in Live sometimes the MIDI notes I play are recognised and recorded , other times they aren't. I'm sure it depends on the settings I have on the easel itself, but I can't quite figure it out.

I have attached photo of an example where I can't record the notes played.

Thanks for your help.
Pete

LBH

Re: recording easel in Ableton live
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 04:16:13 pm »
Hi,

Buchla Easel V have no midi output. Ableton Live will only record the midi notes, that you send, from whatever you are using as a controller, when you record midi.

You can record the audio output, if you wish. Then you will record, what your hear.
Buchla Easel V has many way's to trigger notes internally, but those notes will not be recorded as midi notes on a midi track in your DAW. The geberated audio will be heard on a audiofile, when you transform the midi track to audio.

If i've misunderstood you, then please feel free to ask again with more detailed informations.
Things going on can be hidden. An image does'nt show what's in the advanced sections. A preset - at least a name of a preset - will help more.
The image you have posted in example show, that notes are being gererated internally by the Sequential Voltage Source. Those notes you will not record as midi. More can be going on in the advanced section.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 12:42:05 am by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines