May 16, 2021, 11:36:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 4 keys not working on new Keystep  (Read 164 times)

Usual1011

4 keys not working on new Keystep
« on: March 30, 2021, 12:54:57 pm »
Hello, I bought a keystep yesterday. After unpacking, I checked and played the keyboard, everything was fine, and all the keys were working properly. But today, when I turned on the keyboard, the Ab1, E2, C3, Ab3 keys did not work. When you press on them, the midi message is not sent, and there is no sound. I installed the software and updated it. I disconnected and connected the cable, but nothing helped. All other keys and controls are working properly. Everything would be understandable if these 4 keys did not work initially, but the mystery is that yesterday all the keys worked fine. Instruments preferences reset didn't help. What could be the problem?

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: 4 keys not working on new Keystep
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 12:59:33 pm »
Welcome.

My suggestion would be to send it back for a replacement considering you only had it a day. Providing the retailer can find no reason to suspect this was caused by you damaging it in some way, just about every first world country on the planet has consumer-rights that will get you an exchange when something is literally a day old.
2011 iMac 27" MacOS 10.13 High Sierra 2012 MBP 13" Mojave V Collection 6 Analog Lab 4 + 5 KeyStep

Usual1011

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 02:10:42 pm »
Welcome.

My suggestion would be to send it back for a replacement considering you only had it a day. Providing the retailer can find no reason to suspect this was caused by you damaging it in some way, just about every first world country on the planet has consumer-rights that will get you an exchange when something is literally a day old.
Thanks for the answer!

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 02:38:53 pm »
You're welcome. Hopefully your next one won't be faulty.
2011 iMac 27" MacOS 10.13 High Sierra 2012 MBP 13" Mojave V Collection 6 Analog Lab 4 + 5 KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines