March 28, 2024, 02:28:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sequencing Volca sample from keystep  (Read 1471 times)

Beeboss

Sequencing Volca sample from keystep
« on: April 03, 2021, 08:45:02 pm »
I am pretty new to Keystep and not finding it intuitive at all. I have got a pile of outboard synths hooked up and working but I can’t get my volca sample to work. I wanted to to sequence the drums on the keystep but when I plug the midi into the Volca Sample the drum track just triggers the first part on the volca, track 2 triggers part 2 etc, not very useful as I want to do all the drums from the drum track.  Maybe I am missing some essential part of the setup?

As this failed I tried to sync the keystep to the volca so I could do the drum sequencing on the volca and have it running with the synths sequenced from the keystep - not really what I wanted to do but better than nothing. But I couldn’t get this to work either - even at low tempo setting (30bpm on keystep) the volca is playing crazy fast. This is probably some setting being wrong but I have no idea what to change or how. Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong? I am a bit of a beginner with this kit so idiots guide please.

If it is impossible to sequence the Volca from the keystep is there another basic cheap drum machine that I can sequence with keystep pro?

cldron

• Apprentice
Re: Sequencing Volca sample from keystep
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 08:50:21 pm »
Volca sample uses a different midi channel for each sample. Makes using external sequencers hard. There is an unofficial firmware hack for VS which should enable moving all samples to single MIDI channel. Haven't got the link but should be easily googlable. Maybe try that first?

cldron

• Apprentice
Re: Sequencing Volca sample from keystep
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 08:25:25 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qa7WOD-NiI here is a video describing the firmware hack. I installed it and was super easy. Have yet to try with my KSP though

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines